PDA

View Full Version : Nice YouTube Presentation

sparker1
10-21-2007, 07:39 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ervaMPt4Ha0

Jaxx
10-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Oh dang. I couldn't watch the whole thing I am getting choked up. I can't watch those kinds of videos. My heart goes out to all those families. I can't imagine leaving my family for so long, missing my children grow up. It breaks my heart to think that there are so many families going through that right now and some will never see their Dad, brother, son again.

sparker1
10-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Thing that always gets me is the notion of so many politicians standing around bitching, "we should pull out", "we gotta stay", "we're doing it wrong". etc, etc

Meanwhile, our troops go where they're told, expose themselves to extreme danger, realize they may never see family again, but they willingly do it FOR US. Most of them feel they need to be there, are doing good, and protecting the U.S. If the politicians back home had their courage and resolve, we would all be better off.

Rev. Coyote
11-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Meanwhile, our troops go where they're told, expose themselves to extreme danger, realize they may never see family again, but they willingly do it FOR US.

I am sure there are some who do, but this is a career move. They are paid, and know the risks. Yet still, these jobs don't make the top 10 lists of most dangerous.

So consider the logger who provides lumber to build your home and the dangers he faces each and every day, or the fisherman who provides your Friday dinner.

I'm just sayin'.

Jaxx
11-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Although there are more dangerous jobs. I don't want to take away the sacrafice those men and their families go through.
Although a career choice for service men and women I believe they should be held a little higher because of the reason they do their job. Most feel a patriotic obligation to their country. Alot follow in the footsteps of their parents and grandparents. I think the biggest reason they sacrafice more than those other proffesions is because they are away from their families for YEARS at a time. I don't know of any other profession that asks more for the pay that our forces get, except missionaries but they don't go out worrying about being killed. Being away from the family for that long is the biggest sacrafice.

DaveOU812
11-07-2007, 06:55 PM
+1 for Jaxx. That was the hardest part for me. Getting shot at and blown up are nothing compared to lying awake at night thinking about what your girlfriend is doing or wondering if you mom get better after her surgury. It's a major sacrifice beyond the danger and missing the family. They always told us it wasn't a job, it was a lifestyle, and thats a very true statement. You don't ever go home. You live it and breath it 24 hours a day.