PDA

View Full Version : Wetsuit help!!!

Jaxx
10-16-2007, 10:27 AM
I have seen more obscure questions get their answers so I come to the great wisdom of UUTAH in desperation.
I am trying to buy my wife a wetsuit jacket for the farmer jane she already has. I have had no luck googling and my deadline is soon approaching. Does anyone know a store or wesite to buy just the jacket in a womens size. I live in Utah county but would be willing to go to SLC area. It's for her birthday and I have been stressing for the past couple weeks because I haven't been able to find a good 3mm jacket. Please help me save my marriage!

Alex
10-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Dumb question, but have you checked the local diving shops? I know a bunch in SLC area, but nothing in the happy valley...

Jaxx
10-16-2007, 10:43 AM
good question. And I am the dumb one who hasn't checked. Thanks you sir I will get on the phone now.

Alex
10-16-2007, 10:49 AM
There are a couple in Orem:

http://www.utahdiving.com/links.htm

rockgremlin
10-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Sportsmen's Warehouse might have something like that. Call around.

Good luck.

Alex
10-16-2007, 11:04 AM

Good luck.

Don't they just sell shorties?

Brian in SLC
10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Nope. I bought a lightweight full 2mm at "the man's store". Team Stearns!

-Brian in SLC

rockgremlin
10-16-2007, 11:13 AM

Good luck.

Don't they just sell shorties?

Dunno...I don't work there. Find yourself a yellow pages, and start making phone calls....I wouldn't think a 3mm woman's wetsuit would be too tough to find in the SLC area...especially in October.

Jaxx
10-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Crud. All the wetsuit companies are switching from the jacket to the full zipper shortie style. The companies that have jackets will only sell with the set. I may just buy her a full 5mm because that is easy. Thanks for the help guys. I have found a couple online but not exactly what she wants.
Women :roll:

This is what you wear over the farmer jane. The zipper goes all the way down the left leg. The model in the picture is around $200, not in my price range for a canyon wetty.
http://hendersonusa.com/images/products/neo_n655w.jpg

Alex
10-16-2007, 01:07 PM
You sure she is worth $200??? :ne_nau: :naughty:

Jaxx
10-16-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm not getting that for her haha. I might just get a full. I did find a 7mm in that style that came with a jacket and jane for $150. We'll see what happens. I will let you know when I get something

CarpeyBiggs
10-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Check Sierra Trading Post online. They have great prices on wetsuits, but sometimes sizes are limited. Fortunately, it seems they almost always have women's suits...

jumar
10-16-2007, 02:20 PM
I've had a hard time finding specifically wetsuit jackets for a decent price. NRS has jackets, that's what I got my wife. But it's pricey for just a jacket.

I still have a couple 5mm jackets i'm getting rid of. I'll give it to you for almost nothing. Might hold you over for awhile at least.

jumar
10-16-2007, 02:35 PM
http://nrsweb.resultspage.com/boating/Wetsuit%20Jacket