PDA

View Full Version : For those who like to cook (especially for Wade)

savanna3313
10-15-2007, 01:29 PM
I use Tony Cachere's seasoning a lot in my cooking, but here's something I came across today that most likely would make you sit up and take notice! :hair:

:haha:

JP
10-15-2007, 01:47 PM
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I like hot stuff, just not too hot where you cannot taste what it is you're eating :mrgreen:

savanna3313
10-15-2007, 06:33 PM
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I like hot stuff, just not too hot where you cannot taste what it is you're eating :mrgreen:

I agree. A lot of people think if it's Cajun it's supposed to be red hot to be authentic. Not true. Yes - Cajun has a kick to it, but it's all about "flavor" spice not "heat" spice. Odds are I wouldn't use the Slap Ya Mama stuff. :haha: If you've got tears rolling down your face while you're trying to eat, it's too hot! :ahhh:

LOAH
10-15-2007, 06:37 PM
I've got some of the Tony's stuff. It's not my favorite (way too salty), but it's okay. I'd like to try that "Slap Ya Mama" jive.

Where'd you find it?

greyhair biker
10-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Oh BABE!! that is some HOT STUFF! I know I've seen this stuff before - just cant remember where...maybe it was on my bahamas trip a year or so back...NO wait, a buddy of mine in Texas had me try it last year....good grief! I couldnt taste anything for the rest of the night!
It would probably be good in a VERY small amount but youre right...cajun doesnt have to be hot to be to DIE for. I LOVE cajun spicey!!
...Savannah, you really need to cook up something here :haha:
..and Tony's is good - that's what's in my closet :2thumbs:

savanna3313
10-15-2007, 09:53 PM
I've got some of the Tony's stuff. It's not my favorite (way too salty), but it's okay. I'd like to try that "Slap Ya Mama" jive.

Where'd you find it?

Just make sure when you use Tony's, don't use additional salt. It's got plenty in it already. There is also a low salt version of the Tony's as well.

Here is the website where they carry Slap Ya Mama (and other goodies).

http://www.cajunsupermarket.com

savanna3313
10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Oh BABE!! that is some HOT STUFF! I know I've seen this stuff before - just cant remember where...maybe it was on my bahamas trip a year or so back...NO wait, a buddy of mine in Texas had me try it last year....good grief! I couldnt taste anything for the rest of the night!
It would probably be good in a VERY small amount but youre right...cajun doesnt have to be hot to be to DIE for. I LOVE cajun spicey!!
...Savannah, you really need to cook up something here :haha:
..and Tony's is good - that's what's in my closet :2thumbs:

In the last 2 weeks I've made a batch of sausage and Creole white beans (I cook them upside down so all you get is the hiccups!) :haha: jambalaya with chicken and shrimp (I still have a hard time finding really good raw shrimp in Salt Lake) and yesterday I used my grandma's recipe for chicken and dumplings (REAL dumplings - not those bisquick drop in blobs). I was hoping to have leftovers for a couple of days, but everyone took a little tupperware container home with them and all I had left was the dirty pot. :roll: I keep forgetting to make a photo for the "what's for dinner" thread. I enjoy cooking for people who enjoy eating. I rarely cook for just myself.

greyhair biker
10-16-2007, 03:35 AM
I tried to respond right away but had to clean up all the DROOL off the keyboard....OMG! homemade chicken & dumplins....I'm gonna be in heaven!! I love huge dumplins....ok, I'm gonna stop right there before I get myself into trouble :slobber: