PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Andy Nelson Peak - TR

Mtnman1830
10-15-2007, 09:07 AM
I just got back from a weekend of highpointing in the southern end of the state.
We bagged Brian Head, Andy Nelson Peak, Bluebell Knoll, Fish Lake Hightop, and Monument Peak.

Andy Nelson Peak is the highest peak in Kane County. The highest point is actually 53' higher. and 1.8 miles North.

We took a more direct route, just over 0.5 miles and 888' in elevation to the summit.

We hit Brian Head earlier today, and we headed closer to Bluebell Knoll - camping off a dirt road.

The real trailhead is at the Te-ah campground at the west end of Navajo Lake. the trail is 3.5 miles round trip with 867' of elevation.

RugerShooter
10-15-2007, 11:09 AM
I just got back from a weekend of highpointing in the southern end of the state.
We bagged Brian Head, Andy Nelson Peak, Bluebell Knoll, Fish Lake Hightop, and Monument Peak.

Andy Nelson Peak is the highest peak in Kane County. The highest point is actually 53' higher. and 1.8 miles North.

We took a more direct route, just over 0.5 miles and 888' in elevation to the summit.

We hit Brian Head earlier today, and we headed closer to Bluebell Knoll - camping off a dirt road.

The real trailhead is at the Te-ah campground at the west end of Navajo Lake. the trail is 3.5 miles round trip with 867' of elevation.

Looks like you guys had a busy weekend

Mtnman1830
10-18-2007, 05:19 AM
Finally some pics...

James_B_Wads2000
07-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the TR Mtnman1830, I have added it to the Utah High Pointing Index (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14340). The best think to do around Andy Nelson Peak is to mountain bike. The Virgin Rim trail passes only a couple hundred yards below and it is one of the greatest bike rides in the state of Utah. Go back one day and ride the trails in the area, they are great.

Sorry I am a little slow to get to some of these.

James