PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Rumors

Sombeech
10-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Before beta testing, there were a ton of rumors floating around about what Halo 3 would have in it, what it would be named, chronological story timeline, yadda yadda yadda.

Here are some that I remember:

It won't be called Halo 3, it will be named "ForeRunners".

There will be "Bots" to play against in multiplayer.

You can dual wield the sword, making it possible to block shots.

asdf
10-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Here are some that I remember:

It won't be called Halo 3, it will be named "ForeRunners".

There will be "Bots" to play against in multiplayer.

You can dual wield the sword, making it possible to block shots.

I never head about the "foreRunners" title.
There has always been rumors of bots... but thats just lame. get XBL and play real people.
There was a pre-beta video released that had a quick clip of an elite holding two swords.... but it was never confirmed that it would be included in the full release.

I for one am VERY disappointed with the performance of the sword in halo3. I dont mind the reduced range but the inconsistency drives me crazy.

Kent K25
10-13-2007, 04:10 PM
I for one am VERY disappointed with the performance of the sword in halo3. I dont mind the reduced range but the inconsistency drives me crazy.

Please expand on this...

asdf
10-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I have the sword... my receptacle is red, I pull the trigger, I lunge (at a reduced range compared to halo2), And I miss....... I try again... I hit... I try again.. I miss. ect ect. Same with the gravity hammer. I just dont understand why 50% of the hits are misses.... its not like i am not lined up ...

I played my first all swords game just a few days ago... I watched the replay and could not make sense of the entire game. What looked like a miss was a hit.. and what looked like a hit was a miss. Its just lag I know but.... yeah.. it bugs me more in h3 as compared to h2.

thats all.....

Kent K25
10-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Makes sense. I haven't played much with the sword in hand so far, but hadn't had any real issues when I did. Sounds frustrating.

Sombeech
10-14-2007, 06:08 PM
So the sword doesn't lock like it used to? That sucks.

The sword wasn't really all that unbeatable in H2 anyways. But when you're good, you're good.

LOAH
10-14-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't have an Xbox 360 and I've not played it live, but my buddy's got it and when we played coop, I had a chance to use the hammer.

I love the hammer. They couldn't touch me. I didn't have any problems with misses, either. Maybe that's just in-game, though. FWIW

Kent K25
10-14-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't have an Xbox 360 and I've not played it live, but my buddy's got it and when we played coop, I had a chance to use the hammer.

I love the hammer. They couldn't touch me. I didn't have any problems with misses, either. Maybe that's just in-game, though. FWIW

Probably dependent on the difficulty you're playing on too.

asdf
10-15-2007, 06:02 AM
I love the hammer. They couldn't touch me. I didn't have any problems with misses, either.

In co-op the hammer and sword are great.
.... Now I have played a few more all sword game types and I am getting the feel for it. But check out the clip i made from this game (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=59601010&player=Misfit%2042) ... The clip named bs in my file share. (http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=Misfit%2042)