PDA

View Full Version : another video..

ericchile
10-12-2007, 05:51 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pfRUMmTs0ZA

Sombeech
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Ah, just give them Billions and Billions of more dollars instead of giving parents more choice.

CarpeyBiggs
10-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Excellent video, and worthy of discussion.

Two points from me. First, Stossel is a pretty respected reporter, I've always enjoyed his stories. But let's be honest, that was one BIASED piece. Regardless, it still brings up points worth discussing.

Second, for 'Beech, school choice is probably a good thing. I don't think anyone is arguing against school choice. We are arguing against the current solution in vouchers, which has all sorts of issues. Ref. 1 is not a complete voucher solution like Stossel is talking about in his video. Ref. 1 will not have universal impact. It will only impact a small percentage of the students.

Now, if we were to scrap the entire current system, and be willing to bite the bullet on the costs of implementing an ENTIRELY new system, I'd be all ears. But Referendum 1 is not a complete solution. Ref. 1 is simply a bandaid who's healing ability can only cure superficial symptoms. It doesn't solve the core issues that are more than skin deep. (As the video seems to show...)

Deathcricket
10-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I had no idea.. thanks for sharing this video.

I was trying to think up something to say, but I'm speechless after watching this.

Monopolies suck.

ericchile
10-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Government created monopolies are the worst...

Telecoms are worse than schools.