PDA

View Full Version : Cache Valley Veloists riding Antelope 10/13

cachehiker
10-12-2007, 10:00 AM
This Saturday, October 13, the Cache Valley Veloists are riding Antelope Island. We will meet at Merlin Olsen Park at 9AM in Logan for a carpool to the Visitors Center, probably arriving a little after 10AM. Once there, some of us will be riding road bikes out to the Fielding Garr Ranch and back while the rest will be riding mountain bikes around the Split Rock Bay and White Rock Bay Loops. I will be bringing my XC hardtail with two wheelsets, one for road and one for mountain.

Anybody is welcome to join us. Meeting for lunch at the Union Grill, Roosters, Bistro 258, or wherever afterwards is a distinct possibility.

cachehiker
10-15-2007, 09:26 AM
It's funny how things turn out.

Last year I showed up to lead the ride on my hardtail and everybody else brought their full suspension bikes. This year I showed with the same hardtail and everybody else brought their road bikes. I managed to keep up but got myself worked to death. My legs are still complaining about it.

After having back to back weekend rides rained out, it was nice to finally get out for a long one anyway. We even succeeded in riding between all the rain drops. Syracuse got a half an inch and we barely got sprinkled on. Then we loaded the bikes up and drove back home in the rain.

:2thumbs: