PDA

View Full Version : ZNP - West Rim Trail - Wanna go? 10/19-21

mroy
10-11-2007, 08:40 AM
I did the WRT in Zion last summer, and really enjoyed it. I wanted to head back down for a minor trip back up there. It will be from the Grotto up to campsite 6 at the top of the loop on the mesa, and back down to the Grotto. It should be a pretty mellow trip. There are 3 spots open on the permit. Will camp in the Mosquito Cove area on Friday night, and spend Saturday night in the backcountry, heading back on Sunday. If you're interested in going, PM me.

tanya
10-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Here is someone going on October 13th if your dates are not set in stone...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zion_National_Park_Hiking/message/44273

mroy
10-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey Tanya!
I'm planning on doing some minor canyons in the Swell this weekend - and that group is starting from Lava Point - which is alright, but I just want to spend my time taking photos of the good stuff which is mainly around the mesa where the campsites are, so I'm gonna have more time to do that coming up from the Grotto - and get a good workout in too :)

tanya
10-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Hey Tanya!
I'm planning on doing some minor canyons in the Swell this weekend - and that group is starting from Lava Point - which is alright, but I just want to spend my time taking photos of the good stuff which is mainly around the mesa where the campsites are, so I'm gonna have more time to do that coming up from the Grotto - and get a good workout in too :)

Swell!!!!! Never heard of it. You want to find ZION!!!!! :haha: :five:

mroy
10-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey Tanya!

It's the San Rafael Swell - it's a big area between Price & Lake Powell - not as spectacular as Zion, though it has some extremely cool places all its own. I like it there. I definitely need to explore more of Zion, but haven't found a group to initiate me into true canyoneering yet :p

tanya
10-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Hey Tanya!

It's the San Rafael Swell - it's a big area between Price & Lake Powell - not as spectacular as Zion, though it has some extremely cool places all its own. I like it there. I definitely need to explore more of Zion, but haven't found a group to initiate me into true canyoneering yet :p

We need Shane to do a Uutah.com canyoneering event in Zion! :twisted:

mroy
10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey Tanya!

We need Shane to do a Uutah.com canyoneering event in Zion! :twisted:

If it happens, count me in. I've done most everything involved with canyoneering, but never together!