PDA

View Full Version : Nokia unlocks anti-Apple campaign

asdf
10-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Link (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/iphone-vs-n95/nokia-taunts-apple-with-new-open-to-anything-n95-campaign-305525.php)
http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/10/nokia-ad-open.jpg

It looks like Nokia is firing cannons against the Apple armada: their latest campaign

moabfool
10-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Steve Jobs' aversion to third-party aps are the entire reason that you're probalby reading this on a PC right now. Sure Mr. Jobs is rich, but he ain't Bill Gates.

stefan
10-10-2007, 08:54 PM
apple is in support of 3rd party applications via webbrowser.

you can surely bet that in the future there will be 3rd party apps on the iphone and other supraportable devices without conflict with apple. this is surely only in the short term, given the device/software's nascency as well as any deal with att.

i am just amused by the sense of entitlement that is proclaimed by people and their expectations of apple.

given that OS X is based upon unix and offers so many different levels of application development, the apple operating system is an incredibly functional, stable, and versatile. the iphone is already headed in that direction, and when it gets there it will be dialed.

good things come with a wait. better to ensure a functional stable product, than not. and those who wish to hack the device ... good on them, but i don't think expectations of apple should be high when going this route.

i'd prefer apple to churn out good stable products ... software interfacing well with hardware ... than have apple rule the world.

there are many roads to follow, fortunately.

stefan
10-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Steve Jobs confirms native iPhone SDK by February
By AppleInsider Staff

In a new posting to Apple.com's Hot News webpage, chief executive Steve Jobs has confirmed plans to release a software developer's kit (SDK) for iPhone by February that will allow developers to write native applications for the touch-screen handset as well as the iPod touch.
Here's an unedited copy of Jobs' note from the Apple Hot News page:

Third Party Applications on the iPhone

Let me just say it: We want native third party applications on the iPhone, and we plan to have an SDK in developers

Iceaxe
10-17-2007, 10:15 AM
i am just amused by the sense of entitlement that is proclaimed by people and their expectations of apple.

I don't see it that way.... I compare this to if I buy a new car I am allowed to put big tires and a rebel flag decal on it without GM sending a message through On-Star that causes my engine to blow up.....

Anyhoo.....

Anyone else here ever read Maddox?

The iPhone is a piece of shit, and so is your face.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

:2thumbs:

stefan
10-17-2007, 10:23 AM

I don't see it that way.... I compare this to if I buy a new car I am allowed to put big tires and a rebel flag decal on it without GM sending a message through On-Star that causes my engine to blow up.....

uhh ... sorry shane, your analogy isn't right. you need to be talking more about the engine. and of course you should be talking about something more prototypical rather than "a new car"

but hey, whatever pumps your gas, bro

stefan
10-17-2007, 10:31 AM
oh yeah, and one more thing ....

nokia and maddox get one of these

http://www.math.utah.edu/~sfolias/sc/iPhone2.jpg

Iceaxe
10-17-2007, 11:18 AM
uhh ... sorry shane, your analogy isn't right.

Sorry I tried to make it to simple for ya..... Bottom Line.... Bricking Phones is pure male bovine excrement.... and I'll never own an Apple product.... I'd rather just go without....

Maddox Rules!!!

:rockon:

stefan
10-17-2007, 11:45 AM
uhh ... sorry shane, your analogy isn't right.
Sorry I tried to make it to simple for ya

i prefer accurate over simple, shanedawg, i'm picky that way, what can i say.

..... Bottom Line.... Bricking Phones is pure male bovine excrement

kinda like (a) dell sending you new parts to fix your broken NEW computer, (b) microsoft requiring you (or so you said) to have the vista premium or business to log into older server domains, and (c) claiming that a $30/year website is cheaper than a $15-20 book,

yeah i hear ya :haha:

by the way though, few phones actually got "bricked" as you say. many who modified their phones (in certain ways) didn't have problems. but some did, and i agree, that kinda sucks

.... and I'll never own an Apple product.... I'd rather just go without....

whatever pleases ya

Kent K25
10-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Maddox Rocks!