PDA

View Full Version : Timpanogos in Ultra High Definition

CarpeyBiggs
10-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Just out messing around with a new lens tonight. This is from south Provo, looking at Timpanogos. I think it is 6 pictures stitched. Have fun finding the summit hut, it's pretty easy to see.

The full resolution image is 4.5 megabytes, but compressed heavily to JPG, so some of the details are a little muddy, but you get the idea. It is 16,000 pixels wide.

http://www.danransom.com/images/TimpUltraHighResSmall.jpg

Click here for full resolution (http://www.danransom.com/images/TimpUltraHighRes.jpg)

asdf
10-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Very nice. :2thumbs:

Alex
10-09-2007, 10:32 AM
What lens did you get?

CarpeyBiggs
10-09-2007, 10:34 AM
600 f4

Jaxx
10-09-2007, 10:43 AM
spectaculous! I just made that up.
I need to get into the habit of carrying my camera around. Timp and Lone peak looked so cool at sunset last night. We also went to Cascade springs on a whim on sunday and we didn't bring our camera up. The colors of the leaves with the snow covered pines in the background would have made a really cool pic, but of course no camera, stupid me!

hallkc
11-08-2007, 06:00 PM
I like this shot... Is it a panoramic, or cropped out of one wide angle shot? You said you used a 600 f4, so my guess is a pano. If so, how many pictures did you photomerge to get this? I'm trying to get the hang of shooting panoramics... it can be tricky to get the metering to stay the same across the sky... any tips?[/quote]

CarpeyBiggs
11-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I like this shot... Is it a panoramic, or cropped out of one wide angle shot? You said you used a 600 f4, so my guess is a pano. If so, how many pictures did you photomerge to get this? I'm trying to get the hang of shooting panoramics... it can be tricky to get the metering to stay the same across the sky... any tips?[/quote]

I think it was 8 pictures, using a 600mm lens. The key to getting the exposure the same is to shoot in manual. I use a RRS panoramic head to keep it all level, but that isn't always necessary.

rwpontius
11-09-2007, 06:27 AM
I almost hate to ask this, which 600? Canon IS, Nikon AF-S or some other lens? Just curious. I am already too heavily vested on Nikon to change, besides the D300 looks too interesting!
RP

CarpeyBiggs
11-09-2007, 08:11 AM
I almost hate to ask this, which 600? Canon IS, Nikon AF-S or some other lens? Just curious. I am already too heavily vested on Nikon to change, besides the D300 looks too interesting!
RP

Canon IS

rwpontius
11-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Thank you, nice shot with great detail. Nice to see the trail I was hiking from that far away. I hope you enjoy the 600. I am hoping to pick up one in a few years. For now my manual focus 500 will have to do!
RP