PDA

View Full Version : Murder/Suicides are Contagious

rockgremlin
10-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Check out this morning's headlines. All but one of the headlines are gun crimes, and two are murder/suicides.

Crazy...

sparker1
10-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Some will say it has always been like this, we just learn about more of it due to improved communications. I think better communications actually leads to more violence by people who were primed to do it, but needed a trigger such as a story of someone else doing it. I am not saying we should have worse communications, I just think this is one unintended side effect. Of course, some of the communications (tabloids, for example) have little or no redeeming value, but who decides what is worth keeping? The internet is one of the best developments in history, but also provides a means for committing violence. This is a complex world and it's not getting any easier to figure out.

savanna3313
10-05-2007, 08:49 AM
This is so sad. I've worked with Lynn on several transactions in real estate, and she was always extremely pleasant, professional and a pleasure to work with.

savanna3313
10-05-2007, 08:50 AM
This is a complex world and it's not getting any easier to figure out.

Amen brother.

Jaxx
10-05-2007, 09:08 AM
on the upside though you don't see many high five stories in the news.

sparker1
10-05-2007, 10:33 AM
This is so sad. I've worked with Lynn on several transactions in real estate, and she was always extremely pleasant, professional and a pleasure to work with.

So sorry, Savanna.

Felicia
10-05-2007, 11:28 AM
You should work in a felony courtroom all day.......I'm no longer amazed at what people are capiable of doing to each other.

Jaxx
10-05-2007, 11:40 AM
You should work in a felony courtroom all day.......I'm no longer amazed at what people are capiable of doing to each other.

That is kindof how I am now being a Foster Parent. Some of the stuff that parents do to their kids is outrageous in a disgusting way. Very sad for the kids.

rockgremlin
10-05-2007, 01:31 PM

That is kindof how I am now being a Foster Parent. Some of the stuff that parents do to their kids is outrageous in a disgusting way. Very sad for the kids.

Violence towards children is the worst kind of violence. Better for them to a have a millstone tied around their necks and thrown into the depths of the sea...and all that shit...

desertrat222
10-05-2007, 08:57 PM
WOW i have never understood this but recently after some bad stuff in my marriage that went south real fast after 14 1/2 years i came to realize how angry one gets from being cheated on!!! I would never hurt anyone EVER!! But i tell you i was sure pissed off!!!! i cant imagine catching the person you have loved so long actually in the act with someone else i think i would have hurt that other male!! I'm not sure about these folks story but it's amazing what a person does when they care about another person so much!!!! It

Felicia
10-05-2007, 11:27 PM
In order to hate, one must have loved. Love and hate are the same emotion, except good and bad. I have seen people do horrendous things to the ones they loved. I did domestic violence (dv) court for a year....it sucked.

There is much violence in the world, there are beautiful canyons and hiking trails to escape to on the weekends.......

sparker1
10-06-2007, 04:23 AM
[quote=desertrat222]WOW i have never understood this but recently after some bad stuff in my marriage that went south real fast after 14 1/2 years i came to realize how angry one gets from being cheated on!!! I would never hurt anyone EVER!! But i tell you i was sure pissed off!!!! i cant imagine catching the person you have loved so long actually in the act with someone else i think i would have hurt that other male!! I'm not sure about these folks story but it's amazing what a person does when they care about another person so much!!!! It

Sombeech
10-06-2007, 01:48 PM
WOW i have never understood this but recently after some bad stuff in my marriage that went south real fast after 14 1/2 years i came to realize how angry one gets from being cheated on!!!

Sorry to hear that, bud. Good luck.

tanya
10-06-2007, 02:39 PM
In order to hate, one must have loved. Love and hate are the same emotion, except good and bad. I have seen people do horrendous things to the ones they loved. I did domestic violence (dv) court for a year....it sucked.

There is much violence in the world, there are beautiful canyons and hiking trails to escape to on the weekends.......

Although this is often true, I think we can all hate without having loved someone.... such as hating the lover of someone we care about.

I do think ...... love and hate are similar.... They are both passion!!!!! That is why fighting with a lover can be such a great turn on --- helps if its physical rather than some yelling or trying to make each other feel guilty match!!!! I dont see those as much of a turn on!

I am not so sure that love and hate are the same --- as in the example you give ------while it is certainly often true that those we love or have loved tend to be the people we treat the worst. Some tend to neglect those people... and often for the sake of others that we do care less about. People often yell at their kids or spouse when we they are mad at others. Some can be horrible to their children and our spouse..... why? I guess it's just because they feel that no matter what they do they are stuck with them?

Anyone else have ideas on this?