PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 help!!!!!

Sombeech
10-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Is it possible to carry the flag while driving a vehicle solo?

I've messed around with the "Flag Carrier Traits" and edited the vehicle properties. I was assuming "Full Use" would let me do it, but I drop the flag each time I want to drive the vehicle.

I've seen I can be a passenger with the flag, but only if a team mate is near.

And WTF does the "Unchanged" setting mean? I can "inherit" certain settings? what??

rockgremlin
10-05-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm still trying to figure out where I can buy a cheap copy of the game...cause I'm cheap like that.

sparker1
10-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Have never seen it, but wouldn't there be a place to mount the flag on the vehicle?

asdf
10-05-2007, 08:47 AM
you are talking custom right?
I have yet to mess with game types but I may take a look at it later. In H2 like H3 (by default) you can't drive if you have the flag I think it encourages team work. Driving and running full speed with the flag in H1 gave the gave a strange balance.

Kent K25
10-05-2007, 12:18 PM
I haven't messed with all the settings of CTF either, but I'd imagine they didn't go back to allowing the flag carrier to drive. I think you're out of luck on this one.

Sombeech
10-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Yeah, they're the custom multiplayer boards, ValHalla inparticular.

By default on H2, it's no vehicle operation. But we always change that to allow it.

So I went to do the same, and it gives the option of "Passenger only", "none", Full Use, or Unchanged. Not knowing what the hell Unchanged actually means, we've tried both that and Full Use (assuming that Full Use of a vehicle with the flag means being able to drive)

But still, the only option near a vehicle is to push RB to drive the vehicle, and this just drops the flag. I've tried all other buttons, and button combos too.

I can understand the default of no vehicle control, but to take that option away? That would be stupid. If we incorporate vehicle use into our team strategy, that's how we play. It's meant for the flagger to hang at the base, and get away quick when danger arrives.

With all of the new options, I can't imagine them disabling this. Was the Beta period really not long enough to bring up this issue?

Kent K25
10-05-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't have a solution for ya, but have probably found a way to get it....

I posted your questions over at bungie.net in the halo 3 forum.

You can track it here (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=13431817&viewreplies=true)

asdf
10-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Was the Beta period really not long enough to bring up this issue?

The Beta was did not include custom games and the flag is to heavy to carry and drive at the same time. ha

Kent K25
10-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Well according to the 2 grammatically talented guys that responded so far, it can't be done.

Sombeech
10-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Screwed. I think Bungie made a mistake; yes, it's possible. We can choose from traits like "Full Use" or "Passenger Only", but apparently they're the same damned thing.