PDA

View Full Version : record temps in utah ...

stefan
10-03-2007, 06:51 AM
Utah's Super Hot Summer Likely Bad New for Ski Season
Sep 28, 2007 by Julie Rose

(KCPW News) Record-breaking heat this summer and a global warming trend are bad signs for the coming ski season, says hydrologist Brian McInerney of the National Weather Service:

"A lot of things are inferred from that," says McInerney. "Storms will become more intense, but maybe our snow-pack due to the warming climate will become less. We'll see more of a rain-driven hydrology rather than snow, which doesn't bode well for the ski resorts."

McInerney says two-thousand temperature records have been broken in the U.S. this year, including the all-time hottest summer for Utah. Salt Lake City had both the hottest July and hottest month ever recorded. And McInerney says it was clear back in January that water levels would be low for 2007:

"As a result, the guys who manage the reservoirs took that to heart and basically stored as much water as they could all the way through the Winter and Spring," says McInerney. "That's why we came through the summer looking pretty good."

As a rule of thumb, McInerney says snowfall in November and December signal spring run-off. If very little white stuff falls in December, McInerney says that's reason to worry.

rockgremlin
10-03-2007, 07:22 AM
It's George Bush's fault...

sparker1
10-03-2007, 08:47 AM

Yeah, it's our fault down here in Florida. Gore won it but we stole it for Bush. Gore would have saved us from global warming by immediately outlawing the use of fossil fuels, thereby slowing the warming trend by .0000000000000317 %. The melting of the ice pack would be delayed by at least 20 minutes, and everyone would be sleeping at their work place or working at their sleep place. :blahblah: :blahblah:

rockgremlin
10-03-2007, 09:04 AM

Yeah, it's our fault down here in Florida. Gore won it but we stole it for Bush. Gore would have saved us from global warming by immediately outlawing the use of fossil fuels, thereby slowing the warming trend by .0000000000000317 %. The melting of the ice pack would be delayed by at least 20 minutes, and everyone would be sleeping at their work place or working at their sleep place. :blahblah: :blahblah:

Damn you Florida!! You just cost our future posterity 20 precious minutes!!

I wonder if Gore still would've created "An Inconvenient Truth" if he were elected?

Jaxx
10-03-2007, 10:38 AM
I thought that all this crazy weather was from El Nino. Before that it was because of the holes in the OZONE. I can't keep up with all the horrible things people are doing so I gave up.

COUNTRYBOY
10-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Ozone, globel warming, melting icepacks, etc, etc......
I thought that the Earth would be gone by now with all these terrible things that we as humans have caused. Scientists have been saying it for years.
What ever happened to those holes in the Ozone?
Oh ya, they moved to Al Gores head.

Sombeech
10-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Forget about the snow on the Wasatch Front until May, and the 3 hour snowstorm in September. That's just "precipitation".

For the last 3 years, my Magnolia trees have had their blooms frozen off because of the cold.

We're going to have a record July sometime, but in the same year, another month will be colder than usual.

I agree with this year's temps though, it was a hot summer. And there's nuthin wrong with that.