PDA

View Full Version : Three Reasons Not to go to Zion this Weekend

bruce from bryce
10-03-2007, 05:35 AM
Unless your an ACA member attending the rondezvous here are three reasons not to go to Zion this weekend.

1. Possible controlled burn will shut down Das Boot & Subway.
2. West Rim trail is closed at Grotto thus requireing access to Heaps and Imlay from the top.
3. One Hundred and Thirty + canyoneers attending the rondezvous
4. Most permits are now only walkup. OK that was four.

Take a break and visit other areas.

tanya
10-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Unless your an ACA member attending the rondezvous here are three reasons not to go to Zion this weekend.

2. West Rim trail is closed at Grotto thus requireing access to Heaps and Imlay from the top.

Or do stuff like Birch Hollow, Water Canyon, Kanarraville, Fat Man's, etc.... where you don't need a permit! :haha:

bruce from bryce
10-03-2007, 09:06 AM
The burn that will close the connecting trail to Das Boot and the Subway started this morning. Closure will be for 2-5 days.

fouristhenewone
10-03-2007, 11:49 AM
good thing I am going to take Tanya's advice and hit up Purunuweap this weekend. I'm looking forward to it big time.

tanya
10-03-2007, 12:24 PM
good thing I am going to take Tanya's advice and hit up Purunuweap this weekend. I'm looking forward to it big time.

It's my favorite all time place in the world!!!!! :five:

Check out Joe's "French Canyon" Exit. It rules!

http://www.zionnational-park.com/parunuweap-canyon.htm

Bo_Beck
10-03-2007, 06:43 PM

Or do stuff like Birch Hollow, Water Canyon, Kanarraville, Fat Man's, etc.... where you don't need a permit! :haha:

Or Checkerboard, Englestead, Bullock, Lodge, Kolob,...I forget..lets see? Right Fork, Hammerhead-Left Fork...ummm? Icebox....hmmmm!?!?, must be others that require permits? Oh yeah! This is a boycott of Zion because of embelicilic timing of closures! You know what I say? Canyoneers deserve respect and have none! :haha: Good weekend to be elsewhere unless you dig Vodka, fun socializing, and dancing!