PDA

View Full Version : Weight Lifting Program has started!

Shan
10-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Last year I lifted weights for about 3 months before ski season, and it helped SOOOO much. Powder days meant something! I had more fun being fit too (you last longer). I have all sorts of wonky knee issues and lifting is the only thing that can get me back on slopes.

Got a membership to Planet Fitness, it's only $10/month and less than 1 mile from my house! :2thumbs:

TreeHugger
10-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I've taken a ski conditioning class for the last 3 years, it's awesome! Geared specifically toward downhill skiing fitness, by the University Orthopaedic Center. Tonight's my first class... yea!! :-)

stefan
10-03-2007, 06:36 AM
well done :2thumbs:

i like folks who take their skiing seriously :nod:

cachehiker
10-04-2007, 02:52 PM
I've seriously been considering a personal trainer for this winter, somebody that will yell at me like a drill sergeant and march me into the weight room at least a few times before spring.

My problem has always been finding partners for my winter activities. I'm very accomodating and my skills are average at best but I guess my fitness level is high enough to intimidate most of my friends.

Bri

Shan
10-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Well I am forced to go to the gym, because if I don't - then there is no ski season. My knee issues are so bad that an orthopedic surgeon said to me, "Curse God or whoever, but you are not made to ski. I recommend you serioursly reconsider this sport [teleskiing]" I did was able to ski last year, though granted I can't go all day and I cannot do two days back to back. I have to mix up T turns and P turns too if I want to last.

Brian you should ski with my husband. He's got alot of endurance and smart in the backcountry. Or what about Mark of Wimmer's Bicycles? He's hardcore but not super rigid; just very good and so casual about it!