PDA

View Full Version : lake mead/v o f

goofball
10-01-2007, 03:19 PM
wandered round lake mead nra and valley of fire s.p. over the weekend. very cool. tons and tons of cool hikes to be had out there. everywhere i looked i wanted to get out n go ! many worthwhile canyoning opportunities to be had. loved the color of vof, really spectacular.

sparker1
10-01-2007, 06:30 PM
We visited V of F last spring while having new tires put on the motor home in St George. It is one of the most colorful places I've seen, simi;ar to North Coyote Buttes. Our visit was on an overcast day, looks like you had sunny skies. Thanks for sharing the pix.

Iceaxe
10-02-2007, 07:34 AM
If you are going to do much hiking in Southern Nevada you might want to check out the website

Hiking Las Vegas
http://www.hikinglasvegas.com

It has an amazing amount of great beta. Mostly for hikers. Also it has a nice collection of class 4 scrambling routes. But not much for the technical crowd, maybe a couple of easy technical routes.

:cool2:

goofball
10-02-2007, 04:37 PM
We visited V of F last spring while having new tires put on the motor home in St George. It is one of the most colorful places I've seen, simi;ar to North Coyote Buttes. Our visit was on an overcast day, looks like you had sunny skies. Thanks for sharing the pix.

gonna have to visit n coyote buttes then. love those kaleidoscopic colors !

If you are going to do much hiking in Southern Nevada you might want to check out the website

Hiking Las Vegas
http://www.hikinglasvegas.com

It has an amazing amount of great beta. Mostly for hikers. Also it has a nice collection of class 4 scrambling routes. But not much for the technical crowd, maybe a couple of easy technical routes.

yeah, i've seen that one. i usually just follow sonjas suggestions. they have all the inside scoop.

americanhero
10-09-2007, 03:41 PM
nice pics of VoF. Thanks for sharing them :2thumbs:
I've been there in May in late afternoon and was astonished about the colorful rock formations everywhere, especilally in the Rainbow Vista area(the name totally fits :wink:)

Cirrus2000
10-09-2007, 04:22 PM
:hail2thechief: :hail2thechief:

I'll be there tomorrow! :2thumbs:

Getting psyched...

americanhero
10-09-2007, 04:34 PM
:hail2thechief: :hail2thechief:

Getting psyched...

enjoy yout trip there. What kind of hikes will you do?
White Domes Trail is wonderful with a lot of opportunities for nice pics and the trail to Ephemeral Arch is a wonderful hike.

Cirrus2000
10-10-2007, 12:21 AM

Getting psyched...

enjoy yout trip there. What kind of hikes will you do?
White Domes Trail is wonderful with a lot of opportunities for nice pics and the trail to Ephemeral Arch is a wonderful hike.

Sadly, I won't have long. A quick look at Mouse Tanks and petroglyphs, and a little more dawdling time. Then it's off to meet up with Win for dinner!

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll see what I can do...

Win
10-10-2007, 05:32 AM
We go down to the VoF at least a couple of times a year. I always find something different to do and now AH has given me an arch to find.

Just North of VoF is Logandale and there are a set 4WD and ATV trails. You actually skirt into the south end of VoF.

See you later, Kevin.

Win