PDA

View Full Version : Not really hiking, but related to nonetheless!

Bo_Beck
09-28-2007, 06:50 AM
I have accumulated hundreds of photos over the past 12 years as a volunteer Sar Team Member at Zion National Park. I thought I'd share a few from training ans some real episodes. I can't share some of the more explicit photos, but thought some of you might have an interest in some of the training we do on a regular basis so that we may be ready for any circumstance. Here are a few.

sparker1
09-28-2007, 07:36 AM
Great photos, Bo. Hats off to you and the other SAR team members. :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief:

Of course, in SAR, you get to do (OK, have to do) some things you'd probably never try just for fun. :2thumbs:

Jaxx
09-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Very cool. How do you keep all the ropes from tangling?

Deathcricket
09-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Oh wow, great pics! Was that last one off angels landing? Holy crap that is high.

Thanks for doing what you guys do. I hope I never have to see you (cause that would mean I'm in trouble) but it's nice to know you're there.

Alex
09-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Wow those are incredible Bo, thanks for sharing.

just like deathcricket said, hats off to you guys for what you do, but I hope I never have to meet you in person on the trail, unless as a hiking partner :2thumbs: :five:

Bo_Beck
09-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Great photos, Bo. Hats off to you and the other SAR team members. :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief:

Of course, in SAR, you get to do (OK, have to do) some things you'd probably never try just for fun. :2thumbs:

Thanks Stan! I generally enjoy all aspects of what we do...generally. Sometimes it isn't particularly glorious or fun, but then I am the one that is a volunteer and have to take the bad with the good.

Bo_Beck
09-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Very cool. How do you keep all the ropes from tangling?

Carefully! Sometimes you just have to count how many times you spin on the way down and retro that at the bottom! :haha:

Bo_Beck
09-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Oh wow, great pics! Was that last one off angels landing? Holy crap that is high.

Thanks for doing what you guys do. I hope I never have to see you (cause that would mean I'm in trouble) but it's nice to know you're there.

Yeah. That was a highline we set up from the ridge going up angels landing across the saddle. It was 600' long and put the attendant out in space on the north side of the ridge. It took us about 2 hours to set up (we have become much more proficient since then).

Bo_Beck
09-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Wow those are incredible Bo, thanks for sharing.

just like deathcricket said, hats off to you guys for what you do, but I hope I never have to meet you in person on the trail, unless as a hiking partner :2thumbs: :five:

Thanks Alex! Who knows, one of these days we may get together for some hiking yet!

accadacca
09-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Very, very kewel Bo. Thanks for saving our asses. Seriously! The photos are amazing. :2thumbs:

Bo_Beck
09-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Very, very kewel Bo. Thanks for saving our asses. Seriously! The photos are amazing. :2thumbs:

Thanks! I love what I do and photos bring back memories and I'm glad that I can share them.

tanya
09-28-2007, 03:25 PM
:hail2thechief:

Iceaxe
09-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey... that first picture is one I took. :banana:

**As he pats himself on the back**

Here is more of the story that goes with the picture for those who might be interesed.

Zion Rescue

http://climb-utah.com/Zion/zionrescue1.htm

http://uutah.com/forum/files/zrescue1__small_.jpg

Bo_Beck
09-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Hey... that first picture is one I took. :banana:

**As he pats himself on the back**

Here is more of the story that goes with the picture for those who might be interesed.

Zion Rescue

http://climb-utah.com/Zion/zionrescue1.htm

http://uutah.com/forum/files/zrescue1__small_.jpg

I figured that someone else had taken it! I just didn't remember who! Of course I couldn't have taken it because I was up there in the photo with Richard and Blake!

Thanks Shane :nod:

Win
09-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Bo, you folks just amaze me. Thanks for all you do.

Win

Bo_Beck
09-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Bo, you folks just amaze me. Thanks for all you do.

Win

Dang Win! Yhis dial up service at home really makes it difficult to follow along, but thanks!

Thank you for what you do....just make sure that you come in and buy all sorts of stuff you really don't need :roflol: Job security you know! Really though...we all offer in some way that which is a benefit to others.

tuffchuck2000
09-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Those pics are awsome. I have always wanted to learn how to set up ropework like that. I did my first guided repel over a pothole in echo last time we went through and my wife just laughed at me for how excited I was that it worked. That stuff is exciting.