Duckaholic
09-25-2007, 09:33 PM
http://us.f333.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=54

Duckaholic
09-25-2007, 09:34 PM
sorry I will get it on here soon!!!

Sombeech
09-25-2007, 09:37 PM
You won't be able to hotlink a pic from your email. You should save it, and then upload it as an attachment first.

Just make sure it's less than 256kb in size. :2thumbs:

oldno7
09-26-2007, 07:49 PM
deer?? Elk??? what??

shagster
09-27-2007, 06:40 AM
Were still waiting? :ne_nau:

JP
09-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Wow :lol8: Poor guy :mrgreen:

Duckaholic
09-27-2007, 07:40 PM

Glockguy
09-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Stats?

oldno7
09-28-2007, 06:11 AM
so --- new p&y state record guided by Doyle Moss??

there was a huge deer shot very close to that spot a few years ago.

DAA
09-28-2007, 08:11 AM

Looks like. From:

http://www.mossback.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2303

"Jimmy Ryan 443" Utah Bull
Jimmy Ryan has taken one the greatest bulls ever harvested in in Utah and in the world. And he did it with a bow! Jimmy is a member of the Bass Pro Shops Hunting Team and has taken many great animals with archery equipment. Check out this Great Bull and watch the hunt take place in MossBack's next DVD!"

Looks like quite a large crew was employed on this one (like many of Moss' hunts). Wonder how many $200 a day "spotters" were used? Surely not as many as they used for that big Nevada bull a couple months ago. I think they were one of the largest employers in Nevada for a short time on that one :lol8: .

- DAA

Deathcricket
09-28-2007, 08:53 AM
God, that thing is gorgeous!

Looks like quite a large crew was employed on this one (like many of Moss' hunts). Wonder how many $200 a day "spotters" were used? Surely not as many as they used for that big Nevada bull a couple months ago. I think they were one of the largest employers in Nevada for a short time on that one :lol8: .

- DAA

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the group photos, that he either had a big crew, or every hunter for a 30 mile radious just wanted to come over and get their pic with a record size animal. So if I understand your statement, he pays lots of spotters to go find huge specimens and then bags them himself? He probably then has a film crew that makes it look like he's out there all by himself and by pure skill manages to track and kill huge animals? OMG IT'S THE HUNTING VERSION OF "MAN VRS WILD"!

:roflol:

Duckaholic
09-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I think it is stupid to pay that much money for a bull like that. I would love that bull but would feel alot more proud of a 360 or 380 bull that I scouted myself and work hard to shoot it by myself. To me this is just another way for people to show how much money they have!!! It is a nice bull though!!!

rockgremlin
10-02-2007, 10:41 AM
I think it is stupid to pay that much money for a bull like that. I would love that bull but would feel alot more proud of a 360 or 380 bull that I scouted myself and work hard to shoot it by myself. To me this is just another way for people to show how much money they have!!! It is a nice bull though!!!

Agreed. Pretty sad if true.

COUNTRYBOY
10-02-2007, 11:01 AM

Agreed. Pretty sad if true.

Have to agree with both of ya. It is always worth more to do the work your self. Sometimes no amount of money can give you the same since of acoplishment. I look at photos of havested trophys, and I always tell my friends about the ones that the hunter worked hard on getting. But I usually don't share ones where a guy who can kinda shoot, kinda hike, and kinda track, gets led to a monster and is told here he is, shot.
But still, a record is a record and anyone should be proud of that.

Jaxx
10-02-2007, 11:21 AM
My guess is, and I have no idea what I'm talking about, the sponsors either pay alot of it if not most. Mabey directly or mabey he is willing to put the dough down to keep his sponsors in the media making them happy and willing to pay him.