PDA

View Full Version : New guy

cilantro13
09-25-2007, 11:07 AM
I have actually been visiting UUtah for sometime, but as an ex-BYU guy, I thought the UU meant something different and that I wasn't welcome here (even though I generally cheer for all the Utah institutions)...

My name is Marlan Walker and I live in Orange County, California and grew up in Phoenix, Arizona. But most my extended family lives in Southern Utah and Vegas and I have been visiting our family cabin on Kolob mountain since I was a kid and tromping around Zion for most my life. Naturally, I enjoy the canyons.

To earn money to explore canyons, I practice law, which only somebody who practices law can TRULY regret. I practice patent law with an emphasis in biotechnology, medical devices, and computer/internet related patent applications.

As I have a wife and two daughters, I limit my definition of "explore" to well known and charted canyons. I get irritated by bolt pullers/cutters in well used canyons, but use natural anchors whenever possible (I don't carry a bolt kit, only removable anchor devices), but I think that bolts are appropriate for popular canyons, especially those that cater to the less experienced.

And I also think California canyons pretty much suck.

Alex
09-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Hey welcome to our little heaven! Do you come to Utah often now that you are in Cali?

Sombeech
09-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Welcome to the forum.

RugerShooter
09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the Forum

accadacca
09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Welcome to you-Utah! :2thumbs:

Alex
09-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Welcome to you-Utah! :2thumbs:

I thought it was UrUtah.com ? :)

cilantro13
09-25-2007, 02:14 PM
I don't get to Utah enough for my liking -- two or three times a year. Coming up this weekend to get Kolob Creek before Crystal Springs is online and makes the canyon impassible due to increased water flow.

greyhair biker
10-01-2007, 07:30 PM
welcome! - GO POKES! :roflol: :roflol: