PDA

View Full Version : Southern Utah Ride Times

neilether
09-24-2007, 04:07 PM
For those more familiar with Southern Utah rides, can you tell me how long these rides take? Keep in mind that my group would be upper-intermediate level riders. I don't know if this will help you gauge anything, but we finish the slickrock trail in 2.5-3 hours.

Guacomole Trail
Gooseberry Mesa
JEM Trail

Thunder Mountain
Casiddy-Losee Loop

I know that some of these trails have different option for rides which would dramatically change the ride times. Just throw out a ballpark for the most popular route that first timers would most likely do.

Sombeech
09-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Guacamole trail, I'd guess 2.5 hours. It's a lariat loop.

Gooseberry, it's all in which path you take. The most popular is the South Rim, and depending if you take the dirt road back or ride the North Rim. When we ride the South Rim and take the road back, it's @3.5 hours.

JEM, if you do a shuttle up the dirt road, maybe 1.5 hours, or less. Biking the dirt road up is boring, and a waste of time.

tuffchuck2000
09-28-2007, 09:41 PM
We did Thunder Mountain in 3.5 hours, with a car spot. You could do it faster than us though, we took our time, took lots of pictures and waited for my wife a little (she is a little more conservative on the downhill). I would guess if you pushed it, 2-2.5 with the car spot. 3.5-4 without.

I need to get on the JEM trail, got a little lost last time I tried, give me a week or two and I will go and check it out.