PDA

View Full Version : What "special feature" would you add to your house

Iceaxe
09-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Obviously since I have kids I can't have a sex dungeon and stripper poles everywhere. An underground lair, whilst attractive, seems a little overdoing it.....

My old house had an in-door shooting range. My neighbor just built an awesome go-cart track in his yard. A couple of friends have climbing walls. A bowling alley, massive game room or small personal movie theater sound attractive.....

What "special feature" would you add to your house?

:popcorn:

marc olivares
09-24-2007, 12:06 PM
a mud wrestling pit? :ne_nau:

ok seriously, i cant think of adding anything new until i get my current project completed
a 3 car shop, 36 X24 feet of me space :2thumbs:

edit: notice i said SHOP not 3 car garage :haha:

LJ
09-24-2007, 12:07 PM
I'd like a nice swimming pool. Yeah, a nice pool. Would be happy forever with a nice swimming pool..... and a hot tub. A great bar in back like Felicia's would be nice too by the pool andhot tub.

Not too original but I'm living in an RV right now - heck I'd be happy with a working stove or a bath tub or if I could figure out the heating system.

Lin

marc olivares
09-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Lin

hey stranger, welcome back! :wavey:

Iceaxe
09-24-2007, 12:19 PM
a 3 car shop

My father-in-law has an awesome car shop behind his house..... has a grease pit, arc and gas welders, overhead engine hoist and a bunch of other useful items.....

SWEET!!!!

:cool2:

Iceaxe
09-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Hey LJ, nice to see ya :banana:

jumar
09-24-2007, 12:25 PM
I had a climbing wall back in Jr. High in my back yard. In the process of building me one again. I want to be able to practice climbing and caving techniques on it. A place to shoot backyard would be awesome too!

marc olivares
09-24-2007, 12:30 PM
a 3 car shop

My father-in-law has an awesome car shop behind his house..... has a grease pit, arc and gas welders, overhead engine hoist and a bunch of other useful items.....

SWEET!!!!

:cool2:

my shop has all that plus a bathroom, heat and a/c :bootyshake:

Deathcricket
09-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Hydroponics greenhouse. No not for growing pot. I've seen some sweet setups attached to the side of the house that filter the air, cool it in summer, warm it in winter, provide humidity, etc, etc. If you've ever seen the setup they have at Disney's epcott center you'll know what I'm talking about. And also growing your own veggies and fruit, even in the dead of winter (for way cheap) is cool I think.

asdf
09-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Indoor Mini Ramp! Nothing too special - 16' wide 5' high with a 6' tombstone.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/482099708_00b4c07c73.jpg

I would rather have a nice little flow bowl but... thats may be a bit much.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1133/1352355538_1bffd85b32.jpg

Jaxx
09-24-2007, 12:55 PM
climbing wall or paintball field.

LJ
09-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Hey LJ, nice to see ya :banana:

Thanks guys - It's not like I'm not on the site a million times a day, I'm thinking I just need to post more. Unless I get that swimming pool then I'll be hanging out there all day working on the tan and no time for you all~ :2thumbs:

sparker1
09-24-2007, 01:27 PM
That's a tough question. Living in a motor home as I do, I'm not even sure I want a house again. However, my wife does want a more permanent structure, so we'll probably move into a condo we own, as soon as the tenant's lease expires. So, I've had a pool, hot tub, large garage/workshop, greenhouse, live-in bar, pool room, etc, etc. Don't want any of that again because it's mostly work and the condo has the pool, fitness center, pool room, etc. All I really need is a place for my computer junk and a whomping big TV/surround sound for football season.

R
09-24-2007, 03:02 PM
A combination observation tower and antenna mast. I would sit and watch approaching thunderstorms from my lofty perch, listing to various agencies dispatching word of impending tornadage. When the storm got too fierce, I would slide to safety on a zip line!

brookiekiller
09-24-2007, 03:03 PM
I don't know if there is anything I would like to add that is in existence today, except for maybe an indoor jacuzzi.

The ultimate thing, if it really existed, would be a holideck from Star Trek. Whenever I watch an episode or movie, I dream of how neat a holideck would be.

JP
09-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Urinals in the bathrooms :haha: It does away with that, "Did I leave the seat up issue?" :mrgreen:

Sombeech
09-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Urinals in the bathrooms :haha: It does away with that, "Did I leave the seat up issue?" :mrgreen:

That's what I'm installing in my basement bathroom. Urinals are about the price of a middle ranged toilet. The wife will appreciate how clean the toilet is, too.

Scott Card
09-24-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't know if there is anything I would like to add that is in existence today, except for maybe an indoor jacuzzi.

The ultimate thing, if it really existed, would be a holideck from Star Trek. Whenever I watch an episode or movie, I dream of how neat a holideck would be.

Well, if we are dreaming, remote hover lawn mower with light saber blades. No more scooping dog poop, no sharpening blades, no need to worry about rocks, mow anything and I could mow from my lawn chair. :2thumbs:

Bo_Beck
09-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Ahh lets see! A larger main bathroom that I wouldn't have to open the vanity cupboard doors before sitting on the pot or maybe just shorter legs!

greyhair biker
09-24-2007, 10:36 PM
a complete 'gym', meaning, an indoor mountainbike dirt park - and a large jacuzzi next to a large finnish-style sauna...all indoor with a retractable roof for great sunning on the huge deck complete with Jenn-air range cooking....HEY, I dream big :2thumbs:

JP
09-25-2007, 05:35 AM
That's what I'm installing in my basement bathroom.
I always thought that would be a good idea :nod:

savanna3313
09-25-2007, 06:53 AM
I'll have to go with a combination of indoor/outdoor pool, sauna/steam room, and for the outdoor section, have a "natural" surrounding with a stream that flows into a waterfall that flows into the pool.

Oh....and a permanent pool boy named Julio that makes great frozen drinks....... :2thumbs:

accadacca
09-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey cool thread idea. I want a nicely finished motorcycle garage with finished floors too. Oh yeah and I need about a dozen motorcycles to fill it.

This one is next on the list. . .hopefully in the spring.

http://www.cmgonline.com/bikes/models/BMW/R1200RT/2005/studio/BigP/BMW_R1200RT_rsf_bg.jpg