PDA

View Full Version : pix from protest march in d.c. sept 15, 2007

hank moon
09-16-2007, 02:57 PM
pix from protest march in d.c. sept 15, 2007

scoutabout
09-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Someone was protesting the merciless Ming from Flash Gordon? Weird.

James_B_Wads2000
09-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Someone was protesting the merciless Ming from Flash Gordon? Weird.

This guy scares the hell out of me.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CBBP02003lg.jpg

In all seriousness though, I consider myself more liberal than conservative, more Democrat than Republican. I think the war is wrong and Bush is the worst president since Nixon.

Having said all that, why do anti-war protesters always look like jobless hippies? Seeing these losers actually makes me want to support Bush, that

hank moon
09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
[quote=James_B_Wads2000]Seeing these losers actually makes me want to support Bush, that

hank moon
09-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Here's what some of the counter-demonstrators were wearing...do they look more productive to you, James?

Earlier in the day, there was a small, organized "not anti-war" demonstration. Most of the participants wore clothing with pro-war slogans such as "Surrender is Not an Option," "A gathering of Eagles," etc. There were many vets on Harleys wearing full leathers, bandanas, pro-military slogans, etc. I couldn't say they looked more "productive," but perhaps more...pleasing to the pro-administration eye.

sparker1
09-17-2007, 04:54 PM
It is unfortunate that the people of this country have found protests to be more effective in achieving results than the avenues provided by the constitution. Regardless of political party, most of us feel that politicians have failed to hear our voices unless accompanied by some attention getting activity, preferably something covered by the national media. This pretty much guarantees protests on virtually every issue. What a waste.

hank moon
09-17-2007, 05:27 PM
It is unfortunate that the people of this country have found protests to be more effective in achieving results than the avenues provided by the constitution.

Hi Sparker1

I'm curious about the avenues...what are they? Obviously, protest (aka "free speech") is one, but what are the others?

Also, what do you mean by "a waste"? Probably not the civil rights movement, women's vote movement, abolitionists, etc. So...?

James_B_Wads2000
09-17-2007, 06:15 PM
I agree! Clearly, the right costume can make a difference. If they'd only put on suits and stuff, maybe the government would listen. Oh, and a spiffy flag lapel pin like Bush wears...I'm getting one right away! Oh, but I'm in France right now. Guess it'll have to be the "other" red, white, and blue...

:-(

Whatever Hank you troll, let me clarify since you didn

Sombeech
09-17-2007, 08:18 PM
http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/stupid-peta-protest.jpg

stefan
09-17-2007, 09:03 PM
It is unfortunate that the people of this country have found protests to be more effective in achieving results than the avenues provided by the constitution. Regardless of political party, most of us feel that politicians have failed to hear our voices unless accompanied by some attention getting activity, preferably something covered by the national media. This pretty much guarantees protests on virtually every issue. What a waste.

you're right that there are other avenues, like writing letters, filing lawsuits, lobbying, voting, running for office, amongst others.

i completely disagree that it's a waste ... and protests aren't ONLY about achieving results.

hank moon
09-17-2007, 11:50 PM
[quote=James_B_Wads2000]Whatever Hank you troll, let me clarify since you didn

James_B_Wads2000
09-18-2007, 09:12 AM
I

rockgremlin
09-18-2007, 09:43 AM
[quote=James_B_Wads2000]...why do anti-war protesters always look like jobless hippies? Seeing these losers actually makes me want to support Bush, that

CarpeyBiggs
09-18-2007, 10:06 AM
OMG....I can't agree more!! "Bused straight in from Burning Man..." :lol8: That's some funny shit!

Speaking of, how was it this year? Didn't your friends all run down there after we did Quandary? :lol8:

rockgremlin
09-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Speaking of, how was it this year? Didn't your friends all run down there after we did Quandary? :lol8:

They said it wasn't as good this year. First there was the whole debaucle with the man getting burned early, and the second one wasn't as good, and then when they went to burn the second one, there was this HUGE sandstorm that blew in.

Even with all of that, I'm sure they enjoyed it. Kinda like the whole "bad day doing _______, is better than a good day at work" sorta thing.

JP
09-18-2007, 02:31 PM
[quote=James_B_Wads2000]With in no time she had many many signatures on the petition. People who are there to be against anything they see as