PDA

View Full Version : Caving Trips

CaverStretch
09-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Greetings All,
My name is Robert Cranney. I lead caving trips once a month for the local caving clubs. I want to make sure that anyone that is interested in learning about caving and caves is invited. I will try and post all my trips on this forum. My current job has me working saturdays, but post Oct 14th I will be leading trips to some of the more prominant caves in Utah and surrounding areas on weekends. Keep checking for updates.

Robert Cranney
801-623-0971
nsscaver@gmail.com

Deathcricket
09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Judging by your phone # is this going to be in the Salt lake area?

jumar
09-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Probably slc area and anywhere in Utah and a little in NV, judging on what trips he's led in the past.

Are there some specific caves you'd like to visit?

accadacca
09-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the site CaverStretch! We are certainly looking forward to your trip reports and info. :popcorn:

Sombeech
09-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Welcome to the forum. :cool2:

caverspencer
09-14-2007, 09:44 AM
I here rumors you like to explore mines too :razz:

Welcome to the site Rob.

CaverStretch
09-15-2007, 07:34 PM
I haven't done any mine exploring for about 6 or 7 years. I did go with a local caver last year trying to re-visit some of my favorites from years past, however most of them are gated or completely gone.

Just curious caverspencer if you've done any recently. I'm not sure where to go now. I guess southern utah is a good place, but I don't want to venture into a Uranium mine. I've noticed that most of the places in northern utah that are within a few hours drive the mine has been closed.

Also. Have you had a chance to see the new gate at GEM? Just curious what it looks like.

Robert
:rockon:

jumar
09-16-2007, 06:49 AM
Also. Have you had a chance to see the new gate at GEM? Just curious what it looks like.
I still would like to go visit GEM, having never been there. haven't been able to get the contact info for the land owners yet.