PDA

View Full Version : Double wides?

shlingdawg
09-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Anyone here have a side-by-side? I really like the look of the new Polaris Razr, but just wonder what kind of stability, performance, etc. they offer.

Sombeech
09-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I tried the Rhino this last weekend. It seemed pretty solid with stability. The suspension was awesome.

The only thing I don't like is you can't stand up through the rough stuff. I like to get up and rock over the rough terrain. But the suspension took a lot of that stuff out.

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8599

http://uutah.com/forum/files/man_trip_07__3___medium_.jpg

orvis1
09-11-2007, 10:26 AM
I heard the razr was going to make the rhino obsolete, according to a atv dealer I talked with on my cruise. They say the prices on rhinos dropped 10-20% when the razr came out.

fourtycal
09-11-2007, 07:23 PM
There are not a lot of designated atv trails in utah wide enough for them but they would be fun on dirt roads. They seem to get around at the sand dunes fairly well.

REDFOX
09-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I watched a rhino in Moab earlier this April. That thing could go anywhere. I witnessed it climbing up and down major obstacles on the Flat pass and steel bender trails. I was very impressed with its abilities. It made me think that ones money would be better spent on a Rhino than a tricked out jeep or cruiser.

ivinsoffroad
09-14-2007, 11:43 AM
I have seen more and more people with side by sides, I was wondering what some of the benefits are, and how the compare to a regular quad. Any info from someone that has ridden one would be nice.

Thanks.

Stuck N Utah
09-17-2007, 07:35 PM
I got to check one out real close at the dunes. The RZR has a lower center of gravity and is designed to be a lot more sporty. I think its a little smoother that most side by sides due to the extra suspension.

Sombeech
09-29-2007, 05:53 PM
It all depends how you like to ride. I like the option to "straddle and stand". On the Four Wheeler too....

rooster32
10-10-2007, 01:22 PM
The Razor is not as wide as the other sxs's. There is a max width that an atv can be to "legally" be on designated trails. The Razor is within this limit, so its good to go, where as the Rhino and others are not.

I have talked to my Polaris dealer about getting a Razor and I can't get one. There is a waiting list for them, as the dealers are only getting a few each month so far. I want one to bird hunt out of. Get a custom rack on the back for two dog boxes....would be a great setup.

RedMan
10-25-2007, 08:00 AM
There are some great video clips of RZRs in Moab at
www.youtube.com/user/xxxoffroad