PDA

View Full Version : group camping ideas.

rlm
09-09-2007, 08:31 PM
ok, next project looking for a group camp for about 100 folks for an overnighter, any good ideas close to slc?
budget is tight, trying not to use a reservable park/
thanks

asdf
09-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I dont have suggestions but I love you avatar... Evil dead is the best!

"That's right... who's laughing now... who's laughing"

rlm
09-11-2007, 07:30 PM
thanks, it makes me laugh just thinking about it.

James_B_Wads2000
09-12-2007, 06:48 AM
ok, next project looking for a group camp for about 100 folks for an overnighter, any good ideas close to slc?
budget is tight, trying not to use a reservable park/
thanks

With a group that big you should really use and improved campground that can accommodate many people and not cause a huge impact to the area.

Every time I have camped in a group of ten or more at and unimproved area or BLM land it had a huge environmental impact in that area. You run out of place to park so people start parking any place. More places are cleared to place tents, more paths are formed to walk around, more trash is left behind because no one wants to take responsibility for the groups trash, more poop and piss everywhere, ect ect ect. I am talking about large groups of people that the individuals would consider themselves environmentally friendly, something about being in a group.

My advice is to spring the hundred bucks and get a group site. Get ten people to pitch ten bucks and boom your there. I have camped at Altamont Campground on the Alpine Loop in AF canyon a couple of times. It is a great place large enough for 100 people and about 40mins from SLC. I have also been to the Spruces CG in Big Cottonwood Canyon which is very nice and even closer.

James

rlm
09-14-2007, 03:10 PM
very valid points, I appreciate the reality check, so I went ahead a booked a group spot to accomodate all of us. thanks again

rlm
09-14-2007, 03:10 PM
very valid points, I appreciate the reality check, so I went ahead a booked a group spot to accomodate all of us. thanks again