PDA

View Full Version : Displaced DWR Forum Member

orvis1
09-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Like I would assume a lot of new members I am a homeless DWR Forum junkie :rockon: . I love to ride atv's, camp, fish, play poker, and watch football. Just wanted to say hi and I hope this will help me get over my addiction to the DWR forums... :blahblah: :blahblah:

waltny
09-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Welcome orvis. I found this place along with LOAH shortly before the demise of our DWR boards. I think there is a good group of people here that are very diverse. We just got to get the fishing section kicking here...

orvis1
09-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Well you know Loah and I can post with the best of them. Hopefully my trip for 2morrow pans out and I can get a report up with some photo's.

RugerShooter
09-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Welcome :2thumbs:

accadacca
09-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Welcome to uutah.com! So what happened to the DWR forums?

Oh wow! When did this go down? http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/forums/index.php

Notice

After much discussion, the DWR has decided to terminate the Wildlife Discussion forums. We have greatly appreciated the interest and participation from everyone.

Over the past three years the traffic to the forums increased substantially, and along with that came an increase in the kinds of forum problems that we felt were incompatible with our role as a government agency. There was no one single reason or incident that caused us to make this decision. Instead, it was a tough call that we made over a long period of time by weighing a number of different issues.

We appreciate the views expressed here over the past several years, and we look forward to hearing from you and working with you in the future.

We have saved everyone's private messages, and you may log in to retrieve them. All other information is unavailable.

Thank you.

The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources

waltny
09-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Wensday afternoon 5 September

accadacca
09-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Wensday afternoon 5 September
Oh man. . .poor SOB's. :gloom: :compthrow:

Sombeech
09-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Did they make any announcements before they went down?

waltny
09-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Did they make any announcements before they went down?

No they didnt. I made a post on BFT about this place that I think that has since been amended. I know the bullock and freeform forums will not allow it. I plan on posting my trip reports here along with utahwildlife forum in hopes of stimulating the fishing section.

Sombeech
09-10-2007, 06:45 PM
No they didnt. I made a post on BFT about this place that I think that has since been amended. I know the bullock and freeform forums will not allow it. I plan on posting my trip reports here along with utahwildlife forum in hopes of stimulating the fishing section.

Those other forums won't allow references to other forums?

waltny
09-10-2007, 07:27 PM

Those other forums won't allow references to other forums?

Nope, not what Ive seen since Ive been there in the last week. As all the start ups filtered in, the warring to lay claim to members began. I havent been back to BFT since Saturday and decided Im done at bullock forums after I found the new utah wildlife network. Ill split my time between here and there :2thumbs:

Sombeech
09-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Man, all of these places just fear competition. We just see it as more information sharing.

What's BFT?

waltny
09-10-2007, 08:39 PM
BFT is http://www.bigfishtackle.com

The have a utah only forum(and every other state) further down the forums page. I made one good contact there. Good luck navigating it if you go there...[/url]

rockgremlin
09-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Man, all of these places just fear competition. We just see it as more information sharing.

Ya, no joke. It's like we're over here with free market capitalism, and they're stuck in Imperialism...

Get grip...we can all learn from one another! :nod:

waltny
09-11-2007, 04:10 PM

Ya, no joke. It's like we're over here with free market capitalism, and they're stuck in Imperialism...

Get grip...we can all learn from one another! :nod:

http://utahwildlife.net/forum/index.php

Has a link to this site under the "other forums" section. Very cool indeed. I dont understand how you couldnt find something to do here. I about fell out of my chair when I first found this site over the summer. The wealth of knowledge is amazing and being taking as "one of the guys" was almost immediate. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
09-11-2007, 04:24 PM
http://utahwildlife.net/forum/index.php

Has a link to this site under the "other forums" section. Very cool indeed. I dont understand how you couldnt find something to do here.

Wow! They actually have a link to uutah.com there. I always got the impression they thought of us as enemies.

That gives me a whole new perspective of those guys. I don't think it would be bad to link back to them either. Synergy...