PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 9/11/07 group ride::

fourtycal
09-04-2007, 07:55 PM
!!Solitude it is, 5:30 pm at the entrance to the lower parking!!

Anyone have any good ideas where to ride? :ne_nau: We are thinking Dog Lake unless we get a better offer!

greyhair biker
09-05-2007, 07:34 AM
:ne_nau: so what happened to the group ride bro? I was looking forward to this one, even though I couldnt go.

KanyonKris
09-05-2007, 12:04 PM
The 11th is an odd day - no bikes allowed in Millcreek.

cmpbiker
09-05-2007, 03:37 PM
How about City Creek to the towers? I have only done a little bit of that ride, I would like to go to the top.

Mtnbeer
09-06-2007, 12:59 PM
How about City Creek to the towers? I have only done a little bit of that ride, I would like to go to the top.

BST up to Ensign Peak. I'd be up for that (as my first uutah ride) :)

fourtycal
09-06-2007, 01:23 PM
:ne_nau: so what happened to the group ride bro? I was looking forward to this one, even though I couldnt go.

We rode bobsled, should have done it twice but a heck of a storm rolled in just after we finished. Great downhill as always!

BST up to Ensign Peak. I'd be up for that (as my first uutah ride) :) How long of a ride is it? do you think we can finish it before dark if we start at 6pm? I am a bit slow on the climb and prefer a good technical down but a trail we havn't done is appealing. Any link to details?

Mtnbeer
09-07-2007, 01:30 PM
[/quote] How long of a ride is it? do you think we can finish it before dark if we start at 6pm? I am a bit slow on the climb and prefer a good technical down but a trail we havn't done is appealing. Any link to details?[/quote]

To get to the radio towers from the mouth of City Creek is about 8 miles round trip. I can get from my house in the Aves to the top of the climb and back in less than an hour. It's lots of climbing to start off with, but once you get to the rich folks homes, the climbing is easier (with one rocky, steep exception). From then on it's rolling mostly. The track is mostly smooth (not Mueller smooth, but more like City Creek to Bobsled), but there are some really tight switchbacks on the climb where if you screw up, you can get hurt pretty good.

Here's a link to a topo map. Some of the parts that this map says are under construction are done.

http://www.bonneville-trail.org/steiner.htm

REDFOX
09-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Lets ride Bobsled again.

shlingdawg
09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Greetings from Soldotna, Alaska.

No ride for me again this week. Have fun & be safe.

Sombeech
09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
how did last week's ride go? Rain?

caburt
09-10-2007, 04:46 PM
What's the final word? I'll go if it's not too dangerous of a ride. Can't have any broken bones, bruises or abrasions for basic! I got in trouble for falling down at the hot pots...again...I have some REALLY good pics this time sombeech. Haha. Let me know where you guys are going.

REDFOX
09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
how did last week's ride go? Rain? The ride was great. I passed on jumping the car. We found some small drop offs toward the end of the trail. It was about then when we got caught in the big rain storm. I was planning on todays ride, but since there was no information for a time and place, I didn't bring my bike with me today.

PunchKing
09-11-2007, 08:55 AM
I was planning on todays ride, but since there was no information for a time and place, I didn't bring my bike with me today.

Weaksauce, it is Tuesday, don't you know you ride your bike on Tuesday. It is not a matter of having a time and a place to ride silly.

"We ride with kings on mighty steeds
Across the devils plain
We've walked with Jesus and his cross
He did not die in vain, NO!"

fourtycal
09-11-2007, 09:14 AM
I was planning on todays ride, but since there was no information for a time and place, I didn't bring my bike with me today.

Weaksauce, it is Tuesday, don't you know you ride your bike on Tuesday. It is not a matter of having a time and a place to ride silly.

"We ride with kings on mighty steeds
Across the devils plain
We've walked with Jesus and his cross
He did not die in vain, NO!"

oh man, Tenacious D kills me! :lol8: :lol8:

I am riding Solitude again tonight. If anyone wants to go we can meet at the entrance to the lower parking at 5:30pm. Next week we will ride Dog Lake.

PunchKing
09-11-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm Ennnnn

fourtycal
09-11-2007, 08:16 PM
how did last week's ride go? Rain? The ride was great. I passed on jumping the car. We found some small drop offs toward the end of the trail. It was about then when we got caught in the big rain storm. I was planning on todays ride, but since there was no information for a time and place, I didn't bring my bike with me today.

here is that storm that caught you.

REDFOX
09-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Nice pictures ! We loaded my bike in the back of the truck after talking with you and drove to the top to get my truck and some how my bike had fallen out during the short drive. Lucky for me someone had put it in the drive way of a house near the park. I thought for sure that I had just lost a 6000.00 bike. Isn't there a trail somewhere in Park City that you rode that had a free ride jump park ? I would like to do that ride on a Tuesday sometime.

caburt
09-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Good job DJ! Put that pic on your myspace. All the chicks will dig it.