PDA

View Full Version : Great quote!

TreeHugger
09-04-2007, 05:47 AM
Historical Quote of the Day

"A moment I've been dreading. George brought his ne're-do-well son around this morning and asked me to find the kid a job. Not the political one who lives in Florida . The one who hangs around here all the time looking shiftless. This so-called kid is already almost 40 and has never had a real job. Maybe I'll call Kinsley over at The New Republic and see if they'll hire him as a contributing editor or something. That looks like easy work."

-- Ronald Reagan in his recently published diaries , May 17, 1986.

Rev. Coyote
09-04-2007, 01:43 PM
I was telling a frioend the other day that Bush actually makes me miss Reagan.

These aree twisted times.

stefan
09-04-2007, 03:13 PM

you can say that again ... i am still recovering from the shock that america would elect G.W. Bush to a second term, let alone a first.

Rev. Coyote
09-04-2007, 04:05 PM

you can say that again ... i am still recovering from the shock that america would elect G.W. Bush to a second term, let alone a first.

"America" did not elect him the first time.

stefan
09-04-2007, 06:18 PM

"America" did not elect him the first time.

yes, thank you for that astute observation, i stand corrected.

scoutabout
09-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Geez. :roll:

I guess the rest of the country is stupid. Too bad Rev and Stefan can't run the world. Things would be so much better.

I voted for Nader both times.

People point to this type of stuff as proof that Bush is an idiot. I see it as proof to the contrary. Until he was 40, he was a drunk who never did anything except graduate from Yale. Then, he got sober, got serious, became Governor of Texas and then President of the USA. Pretty impressive I think.

CarpeyBiggs
09-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Then, he got sober, got serious, became Governor of Texas and then President of the USA. Pretty impressive I think.

You sure he ever got sober? Hate to see him drunk...

stefan
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
I guess the rest of the country is stupid. Too bad Rev and Stefan can't run the world. Things would be so much better.

just can't resist it, can ya?

People point to this type of stuff as proof that Bush is an idiot.

yeah, i have never thought he was an idiot. but it is interesting to hear others' opinions. for example, i didn't realize how much you'd enjoy the rev and me running the world :wink:

i dunno, whatd'ya think rev? first order of business ... protecting all coyotes :five:

I see it as proof to the contrary. Until he was 40, he was a drunk who never did anything except graduate from Yale. Then, he got sober, got serious, became Governor of Texas and then President of the USA. Pretty impressive I think.

well, shit, if you're going to put it that way, it's even more shocking who america elects as president! i was just thinking of his policies and decisions running for and while president.

Rev. Coyote
09-05-2007, 05:26 AM

I voted for Nader both times.

People point to this type of stuff as proof that Bush is an idiot. I see it as proof to the contrary. Until he was 40, he was a drunk who never did anything except graduate from Yale. Then, he got sober, got serious, became Governor of Texas and then President of the USA. Pretty impressive I think.

Well, if you remember, Bush received only minority support the first go 'round. If it weren't for "vote norming," we'd have forgotten his name by now.

You voted NADER!?! I did too. Tired of choosing between cat poop or dog poop.

Far as being impressed by Bush's "accomplisments," don't wear yourself out. Had he not been GH Bush's son, he'd have never gotten much farther than say ass't mgr. of a Denny's.

Plus, I think he was still doing a lot of coke in his first term. Easy to tell.

Rev. Coyote
09-05-2007, 01:08 PM
i dunno, whatd'ya think rev? first order of business ... protecting all coyotes

I had something else in mind: Clown Suit Day every Thursday. Anyone caught without a clown suit will be hosed down with seltzer water.

Tucker
09-28-2007, 06:36 PM

JP
09-28-2007, 07:35 PM
And, not surprisingly, the quotation is taken out of context.
People will spin things anyway they can to make it fit their agenda :haha:

Sombeech
09-28-2007, 08:26 PM
And, not surprisingly, the quotation is taken out of context.
People will spin things anyway they can to make it fit their agenda :haha:

Hey, you said agenda.