PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Pine Mtn/Heath Hollow - ARCH

Rented mule
09-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Greetings!
I just got back from hiking Heath Wash/Hollow located in the foothills of Pine Mtn's south face near the town of Leeds, Utah. Not only is this some amazing slickrock country to explore, but there is a beautiful, 23 ft. redrock arch located in the area.
http://usera.imagecave.com/mochajo/yadda/heatharch019.jpg

The arch can be viewed from either canyon wall with some easy slickrock scrambling. Or, for the more adventurous, the arch can be viewed from the bottom of the hollow. Hiking the bottom is a bit uncomfortable; as it is a drainage for rain and snow melt for Pine Mtn. Also, there are boulders strewn from one end of the wash all the way until it meets up with the Red Cliff Desert Preserve trail "Heath Wash Trail" in the lower sandy flats. This would be a great backpack that could end in the lower preserve. You would have to stay in the Dixie natl forest and then hike the second day to the preserve and out exiting to the south.

I have the directions and the gps coords for the arch. It can be viewed as an easy short hike, or more indepth redrock scramble of the area.

Here is a link to the rest of the pictures of the wash and the arch.

cheers! jerry :mrgreen:

http://usera.imagecave.com/mochajo/yadda/

sparker1
09-04-2007, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the TR, Jerry. That arch is great, and you got some good pix.

Win
09-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Nice arch, thanks. That area has some amazing country and you almost never see anyone out there. We hike it quite a bit in the cooler months.

Win

Rented mule
09-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks, Stan! Since the arch isn't on the Dixie Forest map, maybe they will add it later on?
Hi, Win! Cooler months would be just the ticket. Way too hot the other day to be out there. Whew!

tanya
12-12-2007, 06:03 AM
Wonderful Arch! Glad you are posting! :popcorn:

Deathcricket
12-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Shucks, I get no Pic, maybe it's too old and has been removed?

Also the link now goes someplace else I think? Looks like the area between ST. George and mesquite. :)

If ya still got these, pls repost. Sounds like a cool place to see!