PDA

View Full Version : Big 10 Football

Iceaxe
09-02-2007, 04:18 PM
I just had to post this for DiscGo so he can again explain to us how Big 10 football is superior to the rest of the country.

34 - Appalachian State
32 - No. 5 Michigan

:roflol:

Scott Card
09-03-2007, 09:50 AM
I just had to post this for DiscGo so he can again explain to us how Big 10 football is superior to the rest of the country.

34 - Appalachian State
32 - No. 5 Michigan

:roflol:

I am not sure what I have talked about more this weekend, the BYU win or that Michigan loss or I guess I better start saying the Appalachian State win. Course if I say Appalachian State win, those that are not paying attention won't know what I am talking about. That was such a great game. Best thing was that it was at the big house, Michigan was looking to play for the National Champianship and they were No. 5. It just doesn't get better than that, unless you are a Michigan fan. No real flukes or crazy stuff, just a good down to the wire beating. I love college football. :2thumbs:

KillEmAll
09-03-2007, 12:14 PM
You guys are right. How can you not love something like that? I'm a pretty big fan of Michigan and it's kind of sad they lost like that with what those kids have on the line, but look at Appalachian State. This is something those guys will have to look back on in amazement for the rest of their lives.

Now why the hell couldn't Weber pull off a miracle like that? Oh wait, I think I know - in reality Boise is #5 and Michigan is #24 and Appalachian plays like division 1 whereas Weber plays like 5A high school.

KillEmAll
09-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Pour some salt into those wounds!

[quote]Michigan plummets from Top 25 coaches' poll
By Steve Wieberg, USA TODAY
College football coaches are reaching out to one of their own, calling Michigan's Lloyd Carr with words of encouragement in the wake of the Wolverines' shocking loss to lower-division Appalachian State.
There is less sympathy, however, from those casting ballots in the USA TODAY coaches' poll.
Michigan, ranked No. 5 in the preseason poll, fell from the Top 25 this week, the latest fallout from Saturday's 34-32 upset-for-the-ages by Appalachian.
Twenty-two of the 60 head coaches kept the Wolverines on their ballots

Iceaxe
09-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm also guessing you will not be seeing Virgina (or any other major power) scheduling Wyoming in Wyoming in the near future. Virgina discover what most MWC teams already knew. War Memerial is a tough place to play at over 7000 feet (high staduim in the country).

Scott Card
09-04-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm also guessing you will not be seeing Virgina (or any other major power) scheduling Wyoming in Wyoming in the near future. Virgina discover what most MWC teams already knew. War Memerial is a tough place to play at over 7000 feet (high staduim in the country). That is in addition to the wind, the extremes in temperature, and the rabid fans. Nasty place indeed.

KillEmAll
09-04-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm also guessing you will not be seeing Virgina (or any other major power) scheduling Wyoming in Wyoming in the near future. Virgina discover what most MWC teams already knew. War Memerial is a tough place to play at over 7000 feet (high staduim in the country).

Almost forgot about that game! :roflol:

Iceaxe
09-04-2007, 03:00 PM
DiscoGo..... where are you.... :lol8:

DiscGo
09-08-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm not ducking anything. I am an OSU fan. I loved that Michigan lost last week. OSU dropped a place because of (a weak schedule and) Michigan losing and I'm thrilled to see that happen.

But don't tell me that Michigan losing to Appalachian State makes you think that the WAC is some how a better conference? You are starting to use BYU fan logic there Shane.
:haha:

DiscGo
09-08-2007, 02:33 PM
P.S. The Big Ten (Ohio State included) looks like it won't be that great this year. But the Big 10 has had less losses so far than the WAC or the MWC.

The Big 10 is having a rebuilding year. They will be great again (by the end of the year or the next year or two). When is the WAC going to be great?

DiscGo
09-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Working up here, I have not been able to watch as much football as I'd like. It doesn't seem like there is one conference standing out this year, but if I had to pick who I thought was the best conference this year, I'd pick Pac-10.

Iceaxe
09-16-2007, 01:40 PM
DiscGo.... when you going to be back in happy valley?

DiscGo
09-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I just got to Juneau. I will be here for two weeks and then head down to Utah. I will be gone (cruising) for much of October, and be back permanently in November. I hate how much football I'm missing!