PDA

View Full Version : Utah Football

CarpeyBiggs
08-30-2007, 09:52 PM
I hate to see what happened tonight to the U. Johnson and Asiata both seriously injured. Yuck. Hope they both come back soon. Granted, I'm a big BYU fan, but you just hate to see that, especially to Asiata.

Iceaxe
08-31-2007, 07:21 AM
#1 RB and #1 QB out....

....It could be a long year for the Utes.

I think Grady will be able to handle QB just fine, but Utah will have to adjust its O to handle his limited moblity and cannon arm.

As for RB.... the Utes had no running game last year and will not have one this year. If you can't run the ball you are in big trouble.

And a little side note.... the Utes are 15-11 since Whit was given to keys.

:popcorn:

rockgremlin
08-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Mark this day, and quote me on this:

This year will be worse than last year, and I can't see the Utes even in the top three at the end of the season. This is gonna be a "do or die" season for Whit. I predict he dies. A dismal 07-08 season on top of an already mediocre 15-11 record should send him out the door.

-"The Sports Prognosticator"

Scott Card
08-31-2007, 08:23 AM
And now begins the debate. Bad luck, crappy players, bad coach or all of the above? I like Whittingham but Utah out bid the Y. What Utah needs is to play BYU next week. For what ever reason, the U seems to play out of their heads against the Y. If the U beats the Y Whits job is secure as I see it. :nod: As to last night, man, that is a bad deal. I hate to see players injured who have given so much to be able to play. I also like to have the full team against my team so that when we win there are no excuses either way, unless of course the refs screw us..... :lol8:

rockgremlin
08-31-2007, 08:27 AM
All of the above, but as is the case with all crappy seasons, the coach will be the whipping boy in the end.

Iceaxe
08-31-2007, 08:51 AM
I've always maintained that good luck is when preparation meets opportunity..... so if you believe that the reverse must also be true,

And I'm Not a Whit fan.... The guy doesn't play to win, he plays not to loose.... big difference. I mean WTF... he has one of the best kickers in the country and instead of attempting a field goal from the Beavers 35 he punts. :roll:

Jumping up 10-0 might have taken the wind out of the Beavers game.

And when your team sucks one of two things usually happens.... you fire the QB or the coach. Not always their fault, but that is who usually gets nailed.

brookiekiller
08-31-2007, 09:32 AM
This is where we find out what kind of coach Ludwig is. I hope that he can get Grady a game plan for the next couple of games. I don't have any faith in him or his creativity as an OC. I think the Utes are in a heap of trouble unless they can find a running game to help Grady out. It is still to early to be blaming coaches - let's see how they handle the current situation. If I have to hear an analogy about soldiers or guns, I may shoot myself.

Iceaxe
08-31-2007, 09:42 AM
I agree about Ludwig.... after Urban's run and gun Ludwig is pretty stale.

Mtnbeer
08-31-2007, 10:08 AM
As a new Utah resident and one not very familiar with the Utes program, I'll throw in my two cents instead as a big college football fan. IMO they are going to be in serious trouble with Grady as the QB. Sure, the guy has a strong arm, but that's about it. No accuracy, no poise, and no toughness. I watched last night when Grady took off on a scramble and just before he was about to get hit, he cowered and braced for the impact. While losing the starting RB was a big blow, it seemed like the team was able to do ok with Johnson at QB. With Grady, it could be a long season for the Utes.

accadacca
08-31-2007, 11:27 PM
I agree Grady has an arm, but thats it. Dood prolly cant spell touchdown. . .nothing upstairs. Were screwed!!! :cry1:

Iceaxe
09-01-2007, 09:26 AM
I think Grady will do just fine after they install a game plan geared to him. Don't forget, coming out of HS Grady was one of the most recruited players in the country.

Getting tossed into the Beavers game was a tough spot. No running game and behind in points.... the beavers knew they had to pass and were not honoring the run.

Problem with Grady is he has very little game experiance the last 5 years. Get him some experiance and all the reps in practice and he'll do fine..... if Utah can put together sometype of running game.

accadacca
09-03-2007, 04:16 PM
I think Grady will do just fine after they install a game plan geared to him.
Disagree. Time will tell. :ne_nau:

Iceaxe
09-04-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm looking for 4 tickets to the Utah vs Air Force game on Saturday. So if any of you folks jumping off the band wagon want to sell your tickets just let me know.

CarpeyBiggs
09-04-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm looking for 4 tickets to the Utah vs Air Force game on Saturday. So if any of you folks jumping off the band wagon want to sell your tickets just let me know.

You're willing to pay to watch that? I'd say watching paint dry would be more fun, but even Sherwin-Williams isn't worthy of that kind of insult... :roflol:

KillEmAll
09-04-2007, 09:29 AM
I think Grady will do just fine after they install a game plan geared to him.
Disagree. Time will tell. :ne_nau:

I second that. It's going to be a long and painful season. I hate to say this but the Urban days are long gone and Utah is creeping back into mediocrity. Let's hope this is just a natural phase and things will all work its way out this season. Thank heavens I have the Cougs to fall back on.:haha:

So who's going to coach the Utes next year?

Iceaxe
09-04-2007, 09:53 AM

Jerry Moore

brookiekiller
09-04-2007, 10:08 AM

Jerry Moore

I like that idea. :nod:

KillEmAll
09-04-2007, 12:09 PM

Jerry Moore

I'd go for that! It's pretty amazing he's still at ASU. With his accolades I'm sure he's gotten offers from the big boys.

Iceaxe
09-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Actually I'd like to see Dan Mullen (Florida OC) come back to Utah.

Iceaxe
09-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Mark this day on your calendars....

I will not pay to attend anther Utah football game so long as Ludwig is calling the game... that guy is a dumbass when it comes to calling a game.

Utah has talent, and actually has a descent O. But the play calling sucks. Wrong play at wrong time.

If Whit doesn't dump Ludwig soon they will both be looking for work in the near future.

Think I'll cheer for the Gators and Hawaii the rest of this year.

rockgremlin
09-10-2007, 08:44 AM

Or Wyoming (as much as I loathe to say that)

brookiekiller
09-10-2007, 11:11 AM

Or Wyoming (as much as I loathe to say that)

Go Pokes!

I am a season ticket holder to Utah, and I am going to plan on going to see how angry the fans get. There was a little bit of a chant to fire Ludwig in the stands - that has to get his attention. He came down on the field and was booed and heckled pretty bad. The whole staff needs to go. In my opinion, the recruiting and overall program is going downhill fast. You loose some players and your season is done? Inexcusable.

Iceaxe
09-10-2007, 11:19 AM
As much as I hate to say it...... the Utah program currently reminds me of BYU during the Crowton years....

Wait until next year.... we have key injuries.... we are rebuilding..... we are young....

:roll:

and Crowton's play calling also sucked....

rockgremlin
09-10-2007, 11:53 AM
As much as I hate to say it...... the Utah program currently reminds me of BYU during the Crowton years....

Wait until next year.... we have key injuries.... we are rebuilding..... we are young....

:roll:

and Crowton's play calling also sucked....

DAMN!!! You are so spot on!!

I can't see the Utes win more than 5 games this season...if they're lucky.

accadacca
09-11-2007, 08:34 PM
I am a season ticket holder to Utah, and I am going to plan on going to see how angry the fans get.
Ditto. I got this old bastard behind me that cracks me up. Some other real genius's a couple rows back too. They yell stuff like,

"OUR TEAM IS WEARING RED AND WHITE GRADY!"
"WHY DON"T YOU PUT THE CHEERLEADERS IN!"
"LUDWIG! YOU RUN A REVERSE ON 3RD AND 2?!"
"REFS! ARE WE WATCHING THE SAME GAME?!"
"I GOT BEER AT HOME THAT'S MORE INTENSE THAN THIS, I'M OUTTA HERE!"

I love watching the fans go irrate, sometimes more than watching the game.

Scott Card
09-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Well, I just picked up my jaw as I checked the internet for the score of the Utah/ UCLA game. 44-6? What the..... where did that come from? Nice job Utes. I personally can't stand UCLA. Nice to see a good win in the conference particularly after last week. :2thumbs:

brookiekiller
09-15-2007, 11:26 PM
I think the bandwagon can begin rolling again. Utah looks to be in a better situation than BYU after tonight. How quickly things can change. I know that it is just one game, but what a game. That is Utah Football. I am happy as hell now - too bad it just took 3 games into the season to finally have something to cheer about. :rockon:

accadacca
09-16-2007, 08:46 AM
UCLA = EXPOSED! :2thumbs:

accadacca
09-16-2007, 08:53 AM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/c3b5cafb-da1d-4248-a549-f4bc85a9fecb.jpg

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/cec6a690-c89e-4666-8d13-0f6d3d3a7e80.jpg

http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/4586010.jpg

http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/4586006.jpg

Iceaxe
09-16-2007, 11:05 AM
The UCLA game just ticks me off more and proves Utah has the talent. Utah has always played best when playing wide open and not conservitive,

And I like Grady better the BJ. Johnson might be a great athlete but he makes dumb mistakes. Grady is just catching on and now they will yank him. I always figured Grady would do OK once he caught on.

rockgremlin
09-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Impressive win over the Bruins. I wonder how much of this is just UCLA being over-rated than the Utes actually being good. Nevertheless, this could be a key victory and turning point in the Utes' season. Time will tell...

Kent K25
09-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Utes looked great and the Cougar defense looked terrible this week. Quite the turnaround for both teams. Just gotta find out what each of these teams are really made of now.

I don't like the Utes, but it was good to see Ben Olson put in his place.

Scott Card
09-24-2007, 02:05 PM
The silence is deafening. I didn't catch the game and only the highlights on the news so what happened? Anyone? BTW, not trying to be a troll but just wanting to hear from the Ute perspective what happened.

Iceaxe
09-24-2007, 02:54 PM
I didn't catch the game and only the highlights on the news

There were highlights?!?!?!?

:roflol:

Since a picture is worth a thousand words here is a view of the Utah football team....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/19/Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg/300px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

Scott Card
09-24-2007, 02:57 PM
:lol8: Nuff said. OK, so the "highlight" that kept coming on over and over was the Johnson botched play on the 3(?) yard line. Lowlight? I still maintain that they will give BYU a game. Throw the record books out the window when the Utes and Cougars play.

accadacca
09-25-2007, 12:23 PM
I didn't catch the game and only the highlights on the news

There were highlights?!?!?!?

:roflol:

Since a picture is worth a thousand words here is a view of the Utah football team....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/19/Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg/300px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg
:frustrated: :wallbash: :lol8:

CarpeyBiggs
10-06-2007, 07:03 AM
I think the train wreck is a little too much. The picture should be changed.

ROLL-A-COASTA!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f7/Rollercoaster_dragon_khan_universal_port_aventura_ spain.jpg/800px-Rollercoaster_dragon_khan_universal_port_aventura_ spain.jpg

Iceaxe
10-06-2007, 10:34 AM
How about this....

http://www.thismakesmelaugh.com/Photos/Animals/large/One_confused_camel_179.jpg

accadacca
10-06-2007, 03:24 PM
WTF!! :ne_nau: :utes3: :ute_helmet:

basilone0331
10-07-2007, 08:42 PM
I got nervous there in the last few minutes of the fourth against Louisville.

DiscGo
10-08-2007, 06:44 AM
Rollercoaster is more accurate, but train wreck is funnier.

Scott Card
10-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Ute Football???? I am so confused :ne_nau:

rockgremlin
10-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Ute Football???? I am so confused :ne_nau:

Ya, me too. They go from clobbering UCLA, to getting SHOUTOUT by UNLV, to beating Louisville in Kentucky.

:ne_nau: :ne_nau: :ne_nau: I don't know what to think...

I think from here on out, the remainder of the Utes season should be determined by the Magic 8 ball.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/magic8ball.jpeg

accadacca
10-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Do the Utes have a shot tonight? IMO. . .if they win this game it could be a complete season turnaround.

CarpeyBiggs
10-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Of course they have a chance tonight. TCU is a good team. They only show up against decent teams...

But let's be honest, TCU isn't THAT good.

Iceaxe
10-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Maybe Utah just experienced its typical mid-season collapse and regroup a little earlier then normal this year?

You know the drill..... the Utes lose some games they should have won and then win just enough to make it into some worthless bowl that nobody really cares about that's played in a city with crappy weather and no tourist life.

Looks like it might be business as usual.... :ne_nau:

accadacca
10-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Booooooya! The Utes are BACK. . .look out kitty fans. :haha:

Scott Card
10-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Booooooya! The Utes are BACK. . .look out kitty fans. :haha: For which Ute team? :lol8:

accadacca
10-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Hopefully the one on a four game winning streak. :haha:

CarpeyBiggs
11-11-2007, 12:19 PM
http://i13.tinypic.com/82d76ut.png

:lol8:

Iceaxe
11-11-2007, 01:33 PM
So much for guarantees. :lol8:

CarpeyBiggs
11-11-2007, 02:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZx5i7LMKu0

I am sure glad that Kyle didn't make his way to BYU. I hope he stays at the U for a very long time. :haha:

accadacca
11-11-2007, 08:20 PM
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8: Awesome!!! You little kitties getting worried?

CarpeyBiggs
11-11-2007, 08:43 PM

Worried that the conference championship will be sewn up before we even see you guys? Yeah, I guess so...

accadacca
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM

Worried that the conference championship will be sewn up before we even see you guys? Yeah, I guess so...
Yup and back to the Las Vegas bowl. Whoop di do dah!!! Is this groundhog's day? :lol8:

Scott Card
11-12-2007, 08:23 AM
I was standing in Ray's in Green River with a few of my friends. We were watching ESPN's ticker to catch the score. We couldn't believe it when it flashed up there. I'll have to watch the replay this week to see if there is any worry in me. I do hope Wyo Coach makes another guarantee. Of course we have the opportunity :haha: of playing in Laramie. Oh, and remember, the Ute/Cougar game is in Provo. Just wait 'till 65,090 screaming fans start singing "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree" That'll intimidate the heck out you. :lol8:

CarpeyBiggs
11-12-2007, 03:26 PM
:roflol: :roflol:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/carpeybiggs/GlennCowboy.gif

Scott Card
11-12-2007, 03:54 PM
:lol8: I think I saw that cowboy on the highlights of the game. :lol8: Anyone heard if he is going to receive the finger fine from the conference?