PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Well, OK, a TV (Trip Video) - The Maze - April 2007

Cirrus2000
08-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I haven't actually gotten around to posting anything about my trip into the Maze and around Moab in April/May.

I did, however, finally make a video of photos and clips from the first few days of the trip - into the Maze District - and just posted it to YouTube.

It was a good trip. Joined up with denaliguide and a fellow named Craig from off this list. I'll maybe even write an actual trip report soon!

For now, here's the video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=89MRWueAy4U

CarpeyBiggs
08-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Awesome video Cirrus. Nice editing.

Jaxx
08-30-2007, 12:29 PM
beautiful. Can't wait for the TR.

Udink
08-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Very nice video. :nod: I like the first picture, driving Price Canyon in the slush--fun!

What is that last picture? It looks like a truck pulling a trailer where there's no road! :ne_nau:

Cirrus2000
08-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks, guys. By the way, the video's in widescreen format because I created the original in HD. Looks great on a big screen!

Very nice video. :nod: I like the first picture, driving Price Canyon in the slush--fun!
You got it - the weather wasn't helping with my meeting time near Hans Flat. Storms all through greater SLC. I ended up being a little late, but not too bad.

What is that last picture? It looks like a truck pulling a trailer where there's no road! :ne_nau:
Actually, it's a camper on a pickup. Took the shot from partway up the canyon, approaching the steep bit of the Flint Trail on my way out. As I was driving out earlier in the day, I ran into a couple people on bikes on their way in. Stopped and chatted for a bit (they were from my neck of the woods.) They were accompanied by friends in the truck. Warned them that the road was a little - well, a lot - dicey. When I looked down later, there they were, far below.

You can see below two people on foot - scouting the way through, is my guess. There is a "road", beside the red lines, but I'm not sure where it actually runs near the truck.

stefan
09-02-2007, 04:47 PM
nice video, kev ... looks like you reveled in it. great tune too, sets the mood well

well done :2thumbs:

denaliguide
09-02-2007, 05:25 PM
loved the video!! cracked me up to see the head carved out of rock. sorry about that first night where you got wet and my side of the tarp was bone dry. hope to meet up with you again sometime.