PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Little East Fork Black's Fork Trip Report.

brookiekiller
08-28-2007, 09:08 PM
A Lot of people may kill me for posting this report, but it was featured in a Doug Miller Story, and it takes a lot of work to get around in the basin.

I spent five days in the drainage - if you don't know where it is, look at a map of the Uintas. It is very remote and not visited by many people. The reason is simple - there is only one trail in the basin, and no major lakes. All the lakes require some bushwacking off-trail of at least a mile - and in very steep terrain.

I managed to see 14 Moose, catch well over 100 fish, and listen to Elk Calls - and the only people I saw was on the last day as I was leaving. I was solo, so my sanity was tested, but later I began to relish the peaceful nature of the mountains. When sleeping in the tent I kept wondering if Big Foot was coming for me - an Owl kept screeching and scaring me - but when you are alone all the sounds seem to be a little more alarming and louder.

Here are some pics: - In my stupidity I named them 2006, but they are this last week (AUG 22 - 26 2007) The lakes are not name up in the basin, that is why I referred to them as "Hidden".

UTJetdog
08-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Nice TR - thanks!

Sombeech
08-29-2007, 10:39 PM
A Lot of people may kill me for posting this report,
Why is that?

but it was featured in a Doug Miller Story

Nice.

brookiekiller
08-30-2007, 07:18 AM
A Lot of people may kill me for posting this report,
Why is that?

but it was featured in a Doug Miller Story

Nice.

A lot of people consider this "their secret area". The fact that I am posting this on a public forum and hinted how great the fishing is will twist their panties into knots. It isn't that secret, you just have to work hard to get around and catch the fish, and most people are not into working hard. Doug Miller is the reason I was motivated to go up there myself. :nod: