PDA

View Full Version : Fund Raiser Trail ride out of the T-Bird, Mt Carmel

Win
08-28-2007, 10:57 AM
I just saw this over on a 4wd site. I'm a member of the Canyon Country, they always do a good job. Who knows Tanya might even ber around. :2thumbs:

http://www.utah4x4club.com/index.php?showtopic=4142

Win

tanya
08-28-2007, 05:15 PM
I just saw this over on a 4wd site. I'm a member of the Canyon Country, they always do a good job. Who knows Tanya might even ber around. :2thumbs:

http://www.utah4x4club.com/index.php?showtopic=4142

Win

Seems like I am at work at least 20 hours a day lately, so it would be hard to miss me now! I did not even know about this, but my brother, Ed is a 4WD fanatic and I am sure he is involed.

tanya
08-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Says you must be logged in. Can you post the info here?

offpiste
08-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Says you must be logged in. Can you post the info here?

"Fundraiser!!! Sept. 15th for Canaan Mountain, Mt Carmel Junction, Kanab

There will be trail rides around the area (exact trails to be determined) followed by a dutch oven dinner at the Thunderbird golf course at Mt. Carmel Junction. Prizes, auction and other fund raising activities.

All proceeds from this event will go towards the Canaan Mountain Sawmill Road defense fund.

I'll post up more details as soon as they are available
We will have a 9:00 am. start time. I should have details on where to meet and such with in the next day or two."

This is all they have on right now, Don is posting more info soon.

tanya
08-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Dang...... Shows how you can own a place --- be there almost 20 hours a day and still not know what's going on. :idea:

Cannan Mountain is one of my all time favorite places!!!!!

Win
09-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Let's see if we can get this update posted:

For trail rides, we'll be using the Hog Canyon trails, meet at the staging area by 9:00 a.m. We'll also do the Barracks trail from by the Coral Pink Sand Dunes and come out at Mt. Carmel Junction. Meet for this at Hog Canyon also. We could probably do another trail if anyone has any ideas for one in that area.

The dutch oven dinner will be at Mt. Carmel Junction, Thunderbird Golf Course after the trail rides. I'm still needing some details on this, but it's open to everyone, you don't have to be on a trail ride to attend the dinner.

I've done both the Hog Canyon and just this weekend the Barracks Trail, both are great. The Barracks is really good if you like a milder ride, great scenery. My wife reports that it was "fun", which is a good thing.

Hog Canyon is pretty much a 3+ and pretty amazing. If they add Tom's Canyon that will upgrade easily to a 4+.

More Info:

Dutch Oven Dinner at the Thunderbird Golf Course in Mt. Carmel Junction.

Starting at 5:00 p.m.
Cost $10.00 additional donations appreciated
Tom Woods truck will be there, buy tickets to win this truck.
Fundraiser drawing, great prizes including a beautiful leather jacket.
White elephant auction. Got some part for you're 4x4 (or anything else) you want to get rid of? bring it out and donate to the cause.

All proceeds from this event go towards the Canaan Mountain defense fund.

You don't need to go on the trail ride to attend the dinner. Bring all your friends and family.

I'm not going to be able to make the trail runs but will be out for the dinner. Like to see some of the SW Utah guys come out or anyone can donate stuff to the auction.

Win