PDA

View Full Version : List Your Boycotts

Iceaxe
08-27-2007, 02:09 PM
List your current personal boycotts and why.

Here's mine:

Tom Cruise: I just can't take him serious as a man in any movie since his little jump on the couch I'm in love thing.

SUWA: Any company having anything to do with this group. SUWA has done far more damage to Utah wilderness then they will ever do good.

Wal-Mart: Because I don't agree with their cheap labor practices.

Brighton Bank: Because their branch manager is a total dumbass on so many levels.

MLB Baseball: What a boring steroid fueled sport.

I'm sure I'll think of some more later......

:popcorn:

rockgremlin
08-27-2007, 02:19 PM
MLB Baseball: What a boring steroid fueled sport.

Totally agree!!

Here's some of mine:

Country Music: Because I'm not an uncultured hick.

Cigarettes/Alcohol/Drugs: Because I like NOT having cancer.

Golf: Borrrrrrring!!!!

gonzo
08-27-2007, 02:44 PM
McDonald's. If you're still eating there you're not paying attention.

CarpeyBiggs
08-27-2007, 02:46 PM
SUWA: Any company having anything to do with this group. SUWA has done far more damage to Utah wilderness then they will ever do good.

But will you keep company with those who associate with SUWA? I'm just worried I won't be able to take your money in Fantasy Football if that's the case... :lol8: :lol8:

Iceaxe
08-27-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm just worried I won't be able to take your money in Fantasy Football if that's the case...

Dream on there Little Merry Sunshine..... I think I'll take your cash and buy a USA-ALL membership.

The rest of the money I'll spend on a hooker who lets me write SUWA Sucks on her ass with a Sharpie.

:bootyshake:

Jaxx
08-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Phillips 66. I heard they are the only ones who would supply oil to japan during WW2. Never actually checked on that one. I only get gas from Chevron or the like anyway.

Whenever I get cut off or someone drives like an idiot in a company vehicle I boycott them. I have forgotten all of them so far.

Fuddruckers in Orem. The manager is an a-hole.

Baskin Robbins in Orem. They called my wife a thief even though she paid and showed them the reciept.

Alot of restaurants because of thier crappy service.

R
08-27-2007, 02:56 PM
-Tobacco (this one was so obvious all along, but is certainly reinforced by my wife's first husband, a life-long smoker, dying of lung cancer at 43)
-Meat, Dairy and Eggs (Vegetarian since 1989, Vegan since 1994, and feeling great!)
-The War (duh)

Let me think some more on it. There have to be more. -R

Udink
08-27-2007, 03:04 PM
#1 on my sh!tlist: every Ford service department I've ever dealt with. Long story short, the retards at Legacy Auto Group in Orem told me the engine was blown in my truck (7.3L Powerstroke), but after getting a second opinion at an independent diesel shop here in Price, it turned out to be a glow plug that had backed out of the hole. Legacy wanted me to spend between $4,000 and $6,000 on an engine, just to fix a $20 part.

MY T PIMP
08-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Any actor, musician, or celebrity that uses the recognition that they have gained from their diverse fan base to push a political agenda.
Subaru's and Volkswagens, enough said.
Polaris, for not backing up the faulty cranks in their 2002-2005 800cc snowmobiles.
Any fast food establishment, for not having enough low carb friendly choices (excep. Carls Jr. but it still tastes like crap.)
France, Idiots!
Aeropostale, American Eagle, and any other clothing mfg. that won't make a 2xl shirt.
College book stores, obvious.
And many more I don't have time to type. :frustrated:

MY T PIMP
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
#1 on my sh!tlist: every Ford service department I've ever dealt with. Long story short, the retards at Legacy Auto Group in Orem told me the engine was blown in my truck (7.3L Powerstroke), but after getting a second opinion at an independent diesel shop here in Price, it turned out to be a glow plug that had backed out of the hole. Legacy wanted me to spend between $4,000 and $6,000 on an engine, just to fix a $20 part.Crandall up in Park City's been ok but your right about the rest, worthless!

Iceaxe
08-27-2007, 03:36 PM
France, Idiots!

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I shall also add France to my list.....

And Toyota.... not because they make crappy cars.... but because every moron on the road drives one. And I'm not saying all Toyota drivers are morons, but nearly every dumbass driving move I have seen in the past year was compliments of someone driving a Toyota....

Don't believe me? Next time you see a driver do something really dumb check out what they are driving and report back to me.

Sombeech
08-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Whenever I get cut off or someone drives like an idiot in a company vehicle I boycott them.

If somebody with a "For Sale" sign and a phone number cuts me off, I will call them up and tell them to meet me at a very remote place, then pull a no show. I'll call them again, and if I get the feeling they won't show, I'll tell them why I really called.

They can never take a buyer's call seriously again.

As far as boycotts go, I can't think of many. I'm a pretty easy going guy most of the time. I try not to get too emotional about stuff.

When it comes to my wallet, emotions come second. Unless of course, a company screwed me financially, then it makes sense for me to stop doing business there.

When I start making a little more money, I'll have the luxury of boycotting people because they made fun of my hair.

Oh wait, I have one.... Spandex. :lol8:

CarpeyBiggs
08-27-2007, 03:49 PM
every dumbass driving move I have seen in the past year was compliments of someone driving a Toyota....

Don't believe me? Next time you see a driver do something really dumb check out what they are driving and report back to me.

This just in: An idiot took a wrong turn yesterday and almost got stuck in a dry wash. Driver: RockGremlin Car: Toyota Prius. Proof positive, Ice.

But then again, I don't think Prius' are for pussies anymore, because he drove that thing with reckless abandon, and it took what the gremlin was dishing. Plus, Rock could kick my ass in a real world fight.

gonzo
08-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh yeah: Valley Fair Mall. I worked in that hell hole for about six years, and I refuse to ever go back. The worst part was they would play Christmas music until February, and leave the Christmas decorations up until Easter. Man, I hate that place.

I want to boycott the Apple Store because all of the employees, and most of the customers, are hipster a**holes, and the Genius Bar is worthless. But, I always seem to end up there whenever I'm at the Gateway.

Aeropostale, American Eagle, and any other clothing mfg. that won't make a 2xl shirt.

Why would want to shop those stores, anyway? The type of people who wear those clothes are almost uniformly d-bags. You're definitely not a d-bag.

gonzo
08-27-2007, 04:18 PM
When I start making a little more money, I'll have the luxury of boycotting people because they made fun of my hair.

We're gonna miss you around here. ;)

Sombeech
08-27-2007, 04:50 PM
I want to boycott the Apple Store because all of the employees, and most of the customers, are hipster a**holes, and the Genius Bar is worthless.

Is there REALLY such a thing as the Genius Bar? :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Why is it that Mac minded people believe they are geniuses? I helped a teacher today print a document. He/She said "At home, all I have to do is hit 'Apple P', and it prints. I'm not sure what I'm doing here."

I said, "see that print icon right there? http://www.cedicom.ru/Press_2004/Sotovik_100604_files/print_icon.gif (we were in a Word document)"
He/She said "yes, what do I do with that?"

Sometimes I feel bad for talking about them, I'd never want them to log on and see what I've been saying about them. I'd probably lose my job. But then again, they'd get lost at the Home Page Slideshow. :lol8:

I'll add one to Ice's list. Slideshow. :haha:

nelsonccc
08-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Subway - they made my sandwiches then the clerk refused to let me pay with a $20 since as he said "they won't take break bills $20 or larger" I left my $16 of sandwiches on the counter and went down the street to Quiznos.

Best Buy - When in college I got a best buy card (stupid I know) and the bill would arrive, I kid you not, every month 5-6 days before it was due. Drove me crazy.

Steam - the in game copywrite verifier on half-life. I bought a $60 game then mistyped the authorization code and spent the next three months trying to get the freaking game to work. Now I catagorically refuse to buy anything connected to Steam.

SUWA - Dirt bikes rule.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Kent K25
08-27-2007, 06:01 PM

I'm boycotting the lame stereotyping of music....

Rap or Hip Hop Music - I'm not a gangster
R & B - I'm not an overly horny pansy
Pop - I'm not a teen girl
Rock - I'm not a drugged out loser
Latin - I'm not an illegal immigrant
Jazz - I'm not gay
Classic - I'm not a senior citizen

Need I continue?

rockgremlin
08-27-2007, 06:17 PM

Jazz - I'm not gay

Need I continue?

Sounds like somebody is a die hard country fan!!! :haha:

You know, I think this entire thread is deliciously ironic. Every Fall during Fantasy Football, Shane comes out and voices his utter disdain for whiners and complainers.....and then he posts up a thread like this..... :roflol:

.....check and mate....

chickenlicken
08-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Walmart-I hate to walk a half mile from the parking lot just to just to buy some item made in china or sri lanka. Their killing manufacturing in the US.

Block Buster video. They made promises of free movies and failed to address problems when I had justified problems with their service. I won't even consider their new movies by mail....Netflix rules.

Billy's Burger Bar in Jackson Hole. They took 45 minutes to get me a hamburger and fries, and even that required me to raise my voice and make an ass of myself in front of a bunch of strangers and really embarass my wife.

Kent K25
08-27-2007, 07:08 PM

Jazz - I'm not gay

Need I continue?

Sounds like somebody is a die hard country fan!!! :haha:

Actually I like a lot of different music, mostly mainstream though. I'm the first to admit I personally have no musical talent so I get hooked on catchy songs with a catchy hook, that probably require very little talent etc...

According to all the stereotypes we've put together I'm an uncultured hick horny pansy drugged out illegal immigrant teen girl gangster. But at least I'm not gay or old!

fourtycal
08-27-2007, 07:39 PM

RC willey, after they bent me over on a 90day same as cash deal about 10 years ago. I have never been back.

Canyon Sports, they have a store full of snowboards but don't sell snowboards. service sucks, selection sucks, last time I ever went in the manager was yelling across the store at an employee, LAME.

Thanksgiving dinner, After my mother-in-law had a tizzy one year because we had "other plans", I have been duck hunting during the mandatory get together every since.

Rev. Coyote
08-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Coors Beer: The product sucks and the company is run by Nazis. If Guiness were run by Nazis, I'd still drink their beer.

The Blue Ribbon Coalition: Asshats.

USA-ALL: Asshats who eat poop out of plastic hats.

Scallops: They make me vomit.

Dominos Pizza: Funding mechanism for an insane religious cult.

Cirrus2000
08-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Shane comes out and voices his utter disdain for whiners and complainers.....and then he posts up a thread like this..... :roflol:

.....check and mate....

As opposed to all those sane ones?

Never knew about that one. I don't think I've ever eaten a Dominos Pizza - I did a search on the subject, now I know I never will eat a Dominos Pizza!

Thanks, Rev!

waltny
08-27-2007, 09:01 PM

I got to ask.... which one would this be?

waltny
08-27-2007, 09:06 PM
I TRY to boycott the big boys....

Big business
Big Government
Big organized Religion
basicly any large conglomerate or bureaucracy will fit the bill, call me jaded...

accadacca
08-27-2007, 09:10 PM
People with those stick figure family stickers on the back of their SUV's. :roll:

nuff said? :ne_nau:

LAME!!!
http://www.cutestickers.com/images/truck/Picture%20006.jpg

http://i20.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/7e/0d/2786_1_b.JPG

CarpeyBiggs
08-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Big business
Big Government
Big organized Religion
basicly any large conglomerate or bureaucracy will fit the bill, call me jaded...

You should be shooting with a Leica then dude. :lol8:

hank moon
08-27-2007, 09:20 PM
France, Idiots!

Ha ha...good one. Provincial types probably "boycott" most, if not all, foreign countries out of good old fashioned American Ignorance.

IF the French are truly "idiots' and you're not just trying to make a waaay tired joke out of the not-so-recent anti-French bigotry (get a clue, jingo-dancer: they corrected the the menu in the Congressional Cafeteria many months ago).

THEN you and every other American* are an ignorant plebe. For which there is no excuse, really, as you have more money, power, and privilege than any other citizen of a free society on Earth. How about using that power to do something more constructive than supporting ignorant stereotypes?

hank

> opinion is mine, not Petzl's <
truth is bullshit
spicy pony head (http://media.libsyn.com/media/kasperhauser/kh05spicyponyhead.mp3)

*other than myself, Rev. Coyote, Big Carpet, Sombeech, Jumar, Abba, Loah, Scott Card, Cirrus, and a few others whose names escape me right now.

greyhair biker
08-27-2007, 09:30 PM
1-WalMart - my wife works there, gets a discount and comes home everytime from work talking about those freakin idiot managers...I hate the place.
2-verizon - AAAAHHHHHGG! I want to f$&%ing kill them! we live on I-80...freaking I-80 people, and I have to drive from spot to spot to get two or three bars. I got better reception on MAUI on the BEACH than on my own STREET.
...oh, you got me started...now Im gonna haveta come up with more!

3- F&$%ING telemarketers/insurance/policemans' ball..charities that begg for money that call me on my cell phone/business phone...or my home phone for that matter. If I want to give you money I'll CALL YOU
...and certainly not the least....
4-ABDULLAH from whatever customer service/technical department/whateveryoumaybeneedingtofixchangeorreturn department....AAAAHHHGHH! I just want to talk to a real person that can speak english and know what real customer service means!!!

moabfool
08-27-2007, 10:42 PM
And Toyota.... not because they make crappy cars.... but because every moron on the road drives one. And I'm not saying all Toyota drivers are morons, but nearly every dumbass driving move I have seen in the past year was compliments of someone driving a Toyota....

9 times out of 10 it's some tool in a jacked up Ford F350 or an Expedition. If a vehicle can be described using the words "big" and "diesel" there's a 50% chance the driver is an idiot. Add the word "Ford" and the probability rockets up to an astonishing 98%. Ford Expedition drivers are the worst drivers on the road.

I boycott Patagonia for initially supporting Dean Potthead in his climb of Delicate arch.

I boycott the gas stations at Hwy 89 and Cherry Lane in Layton because their gas pumps shut off at 11:00 even though they're pay-at-the-pump.

I boycott icyclesusa.com because they gave me a minimum wage answer to a genuine question. When I told them to "try again and answer my question this time" they told me that they weren't in the business of taking abuse over a $2 part. So I told them it wasn't about the $2 part, it was about the $300 a year that I usually spend on bike merchandise that was going to come their way if they answered my $2 question. Sorry guys you just got boycotted.

Ford because everything they produce sucks.

American cars and foreign trucks (after 1970). It's a broad stroke and there are exceptions, but for the most part American cars just suck and foreign trucks lack any kind of real power.

I should boycott Gear Heads in Moab for opposing off-road vehicle recreation, but I just can't bring myself to do it. $1 Cliff Bars are too much for me to resist.

The following are not allowed on my TV or radio: Tom Shane, First Class Cars, Super Dell, any news story about anthrax (the pathogen, not the band which seriously rocks), the "help I'm stuck" radio ads.

MY T PIMP
08-28-2007, 06:18 AM
France, Idiots!

Ha ha...good one. Provincial types probably "boycott" most, if not all, foreign countries out of good old fashioned American Ignorance.

IF the French are truly "idiots' and you're not just trying to make a waaay tired joke out of the not-so-recent anti-French bigotry (get a clue, jingo-dancer: they corrected the the menu in the Congressional Cafeteria many months ago).

THEN you and every other American* are an ignorant plebe. For which there is no excuse, really, as you have more money, power, and privilege than any other citizen of a free society on Earth. How about using that power to do something more constructive than supporting ignorant stereotypes?
Okay, Hank "Ozwald Bates" Moon you want me to back this up, because you think I am so ignorant and uneducated. A country that creates laws to prevent employers from disciplining employees, thus supporting negative work ethics constitutes idiotic behavior. Such behavior if you can remember landed the country in riots, when they tried to do something about the law, because the citizens did not like the fact that there free laziness was being threatened. Not to mention the deplorable sanitary conditions the country enjoys.
Your TROLLISH "politically correct" insults are invigorating, I too might be able to insult with such malice, oh but I must work at my 12.80 hr job to support my lavish and luxurious ignorant lifestyle. I don't have time to refer to my thesaurus, dictionary, and insult instruction booklet to try and look educated. Now go on and have your last word, and tear my words apart, because we all know you have the time.

hank moon
08-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Okay, Hank "Ozwald Bates" Moon you want me to back this up, because you think I am so ignorant and uneducated.
A country that creates laws to prevent employers from disciplining employees, thus supporting negative work ethics constitutes idiotic behavior. Such behavior if you can remember landed the country in riots, when they tried to do something about the law, because the citizens did not like the fact that there free laziness was being threatened. Not to mention the deplorable sanitary conditions the country enjoys.

- So...you choose to continue supporting ignorant stereotypes. Tch.
- Does a nation of 'idiots' take to the streets to demonstrate against silly laws? Sounds like an engaged citizenry to me.
- What are "deplorable sanitary conditions" and how are ours better?
- If silly laws are the yardstick by which idiots are measured, we got plenty. http://tinyurl.com/33rqe5

Your TROLLISH "politically correct" insults are invigorating, I too might be able to insult with such malice, oh but I must work at my 12.80 hr job to support my lavish and luxurious ignorant lifestyle. I don't have time to refer to my thesaurus, dictionary, and insult instruction booklet to try and look educated. Now go on and have your last word, and tear my words apart, because we all know you have the time.

- Branding an entire nation of people 'idiots' isn't trollish?
- Sorry you work so much...I'm currently on vacation. :)
- Escalation: I make a general "IF --> THEN" statement; you take the "IF" and ramp it up with name calling, slurs, etc. and I'M the troll? Sheesh, what happened to truth and fair play?

MY T PIMP
08-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Okay, Hank "Ozwald Bates" Moon you want me to back this up, because you think I am so ignorant and uneducated.
A country that creates laws to prevent employers from disciplining employees, thus supporting negative work ethics constitutes idiotic behavior. Such behavior if you can remember landed the country in riots, when they tried to do something about the law, because the citizens did not like the fact that there free laziness was being threatened. Not to mention the deplorable sanitary conditions the country enjoys.

- So...you choose to continue supporting ignorant stereotypes. Tch.
- Does a nation of 'idiots' take to the streets to demonstrate against silly laws? Sounds like an engaged citizenry to me.
- What are "deplorable sanitary conditions" and how are ours better?
- If silly laws are the yardstick by which idiots are measured, we got plenty. http://tinyurl.com/33rqe5

- Branding an entire nation of people 'idiots' isn't trollish?
- Escalation: I make a general "IF --> THEN" statement; you take the "IF" and ramp it up with name calling, slurs, etc. and I'M the troll? Sheesh, what happened to truth and fair play?
A nation of people rioting because they'd rather be lazy, and you call me a stereotype nice job, I thought you'd have a better comeback. I love the word if, "it's as IF it voids you from the insult you make." Where did you learn that debate tactic Rosie Odonell :haha:

hank moon
08-28-2007, 07:18 AM
A nation of people rioting because they'd rather be lazy, and you call me a stereotype nice job, I thought you'd have a better comeback. I love the word if, "it's as IF it voids you from the insult you make." Where did you learn that debate tactic Rosie Odonell :haha:

I did not call you a stereotype - please take the time to read and understand before making ignorant commentary. Not aware of this "lazy" law you refer to - what's your source?

rockgremlin
08-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Hank! Not another word!

My-T-Pimp! Quiet!

I'll turn this car around!! :mrgreen:

hank moon
08-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Hank! Not another word!

My-T-Pimp! Quiet

BO-ring!

rockgremlin
08-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Hank! Not another word!

My-T-Pimp! Quiet

BO-ring!

Welllll, that was a joke, but I forgot that you don't have a sense of humor, so go back to your mud-slinging.

Rev. Coyote
08-28-2007, 08:09 AM
I boycott Patagonia for initially supporting Dean Potthead in his climb of Delicate arch.

That's a GOOD one!

rockgremlin
08-28-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm boycotting forum trolls, and stupid internet debates that go nowhere.

Rev. Coyote
08-28-2007, 08:13 AM

I got to ask.... which one would this be?

Here's an article I found, gives a good quick-and-dirty on thse asshats...

Conservative Businessman to Create New Community

Domino's Pizza Founder Converts Florida Wilderness to 'Ave Maria,' an 11,000-Home Community

By MARTIN BASHIR and DAN MORRIS
Aug. 7, 2007

gonzo
08-28-2007, 08:15 AM
I don't have a source, but I seem to have it in my brain that French labor laws typically limit work to 30 hours per week, with 4, maybe 5, weeks a year as paid vacation leave.

Personally, I would LOOOOOOOVE that.

/me hops in his Citro

rockgremlin
08-28-2007, 08:18 AM
I don't have a source, but I seem to have it in my brain that French labor laws typically limit work to 30 hours per week, with 4, maybe 5, weeks a year as paid vacation leave.

Personally, I would LOOOOOOOVE that.

Me too!!! :2thumbs:

Rev. Coyote
08-28-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm still thankful that Frenchman Francois Compte De Grasse blocked the Chesapeake Bay entrance in 1781, thus helping Washington's men defeat that bastard Cornwallis at Yorktown. DeGrasse kept the British fleet from saving the day for Cornwallis. Defeat was quickly handed those redcoat swine, Washington accepted surrender. The rest is history.

Thanks, France!

hank moon
08-28-2007, 08:29 AM

That's a GOOD one!

i continue to support Patagonia for the good work that they do and for making the right decision in the end concerning Dean Potter and Delicate ARch. Basically, they waited until the facts were in before making a decision. Sounds like logic and reason over hysteria - and I support that.

Since we're on a provincial level here, I will never knowingly support Michaal Fatali for his hypocrisy regarding damage caused by him in the Delicate Arch Area.

"God's own light"
"I prefer natural light"

my ass

http://www.fatali.com/artist/NaturesLight.php

ptui!

I love the name of his new gallery in Springdale: "Sacred Earth"

How about "Scarred Earth"?

I also "boycott" the damaging simul-rap tradition at Morning Glory Arch. Buncha junior Dean Potters out there.

Iceaxe
08-28-2007, 08:29 AM
FOR SALE: French Assault Rifle, never fired, only dropped once.

Rev. Coyote
08-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Hank;

Off topic, but what the heck is your avatar? I've strained my eyes, and it still looks like a giant bug smoking a cigarette.

gonzo
08-28-2007, 08:50 AM

WTF? You're spending your vacation time posting here? Go outside, will ya?

hank moon
08-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Hank;

Off topic, but what the heck is your avatar? I've strained my eyes, and it still looks like a giant bug smoking a cigarette.

Why, it's Nemesis the Warlock - thanks for axin'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_the_Warlock

hank moon
08-28-2007, 10:11 AM

WTF? You're spending your vacation time posting here? Go outside, will ya?

Just got back from Zion! Pine Creek (http://tinyurl.com/2l85tl) and Checkerboard Mesa (http://picasaweb.google.com/onkaluna/Random/photo#5103812497634018898).

Perched on the rim of CB mesa, looking West, watching a thunderstorm drench the park and break up in the Mohave desert to the south - priceless! Heading back down tomorrow or Thursday for another 10-day tour. Prayin' for storm.

James_B_Wads2000
08-28-2007, 10:59 AM
THEN you and every other American* are an ignorant plebe.

*other than myself, Rev. Coyote, Big Carpet, Sombeech, Jumar, Abba, Loah, Scott Card, Cirrus, and a few others whose names escape me right now.

You forgot to write my name on this list Hank. I mean how could I be an ignorant plebe and Somebeech not be? :haha:

James "Freedom Fries" Wads :flag:

P.S. Love ya 'beech! Please don't delete my membership.

hank moon
08-28-2007, 11:07 AM

Shame you'll never visit France - great people, blasto canyons, yummy food, beautiful women...and they really know how to race cars through city streets! You'd eat it up.

Iceaxe
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
France - great people, blasto canyons, yummy food, beautiful women...

And don't forget..... they can hold their arms up in the air for a really really really long time.....

:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Just messin with ya Hank...

hank moon
08-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Welllll, that was a joke, but I forgot that you don't have a sense of humor, so go back to your mud-slinging.

No, you forgot I have a good sense of humor.

hank moon
08-28-2007, 11:13 AM
France - great people, blasto canyons, yummy food, beautiful women...

And don't forget..... they can hold their arms up in the air for a really really really long time.....

Just messin with ya Hank...

I know. I just wish you'd ditch the stripper wife n' kids and take off to France with me like you promised back in May.

Jaxx
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Since we're on a provincial level here, I will never knowingly support Michaal Fatali for his hypocrisy regarding damage caused by him in the Delicate Arch Area.

"God's own light"
"I prefer natural light"

my ass

http://www.fatali.com/artist/NaturesLight.php

ptui!

I love the name of his new gallery in Springdale: "Sacred Earth"

How about "Scarred Earth"?

I also "boycott" the damaging simul-rap tradition at Morning Glory Arch. Buncha junior Dean Potters out there.

Check out the name of this picture and try to tell me he isn't being a pervert. :haha:
http://www.fatali.com/gallery/notes.php?id=77&gid=5&

Jaxx
08-28-2007, 11:39 AM

Didn't the crazy owner sell Dominos and used the money for the cult village? If so then Dominos is a go! I love the deep dish, but I haven't had dominoes for about 3 years.

Iceaxe
08-28-2007, 12:10 PM
and take off to France with me like you promised back in May.

No.... but if your going to be in town Saturday Night I'll take ya out the the Circle Burners (USAC Sprint Cars).

http://www.lightning7a.com/images/UpInAir.jpg

Rev. Coyote
08-28-2007, 01:48 PM

Didn't the crazy owner sell Dominos and used the money for the cult village? If so then Dominos is a go! I love the deep dish, but I haven't had dominoes for about 3 years.

I hope that's true -- see if you can find an article or something (I'm quite busy). Their pie is pretty good, and the guy runs the Domino's in Moab is a really good feller.

Rev. Coyote
08-28-2007, 01:50 PM
and take off to France with me like you promised back in May.

No.... but if your going to be in town Saturday Night I'll take ya out the the Circle Burners (USAC Sprint Cars).

http://www.lightning7a.com/images/UpInAir.jpg

Hey hey! Dirt track! Now THAT'S fun stuff! One thing I'll say for Virginia is we have some awesome dirt action around. I like the bomber and charger divisions where the cars are low-budget and the drivers crazy.

Iceaxe
08-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Actually RMR is paved and one of the finest short tracks in the country.

If anyone else wants to go out Saturday Night just let me know. I'll be out with the family.

Rocky Mountain Raceway
http://www.rmrracing.com/2007/Oval/oval_areal.jpg

Rev. Coyote
08-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Actually RMR is paved and one of the finest short tracks in the country.

If anyone else wants to go out Saturday Night just let me know. I'll be out with the family.

Rocky Mountain Raceway
http://www.rmrracing.com/2007/Oval/oval_areal.jpg

Paved tracks are sissified.

Iceaxe
08-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah I know.... real racers do it in the dirt. :haha:

http://www.rmrracing.com/2007/schedule/pop-up/class_sprint.jpg

And for everyone else.... Sprint Cars are the fastest cars you will see on the oval track. A light chassis combined with huge horse powered alcohol-injected engines, create very exciting and competitive racing!

Jaxx
08-28-2007, 02:05 PM

I hope that's true -- see if you can find an article or something (I'm quite busy). Their pie is pretty good, and the guy runs the Domino's in Moab is a really good feller.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domino's_Pizza
"Monaghan retired in 1998 and sold Domino's Pizza for nearly 1 billion dollars,[3] but retained a 27 percent non-controlling stake in the company."

Go forth and eat.

gonzo
08-28-2007, 02:08 PM
And for everyone else.... Sprint Cars are the fastest cars you will see on the oval track. A light chassis combined with huge horse powered alcohol-injected engines, create very exciting and competitive racing!

What are you doing wasting the alcohol on the cars? It should be in a glass or stein, headed to my stomach, where it belongs.

waltny
08-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Big business
Big Government
Big organized Religion

You should be shooting with a Leica then dude. :lol8:

Perhaps... but I did pick the lesser of the two evils :vader: in my mind, so I can sleep at night...

Sombeech
08-28-2007, 06:08 PM

:lol8: ...picked up by a German, confiscated by an American, and here we are on KSL.com.

tanya
08-28-2007, 06:24 PM
I boycott men. :bootyshake:

Cirrus2000
08-28-2007, 07:49 PM

Cool. Can I watch? :naughty:

I don't have many boycotts on principle. I have, however, started to shy away from stuff made in China. If two products are at least similar in price, I'll choose one not made in China.

Actually, my priority is made in: 1. Canada ('cuz that's where I am, despite Mr. Moon lumping me in with the non-ignorant-plebe-Americans ;) -- but thanks, Hank!) , 2. USA, 'cuz we're good neighbours, 3. anywhere else, and 4. China.

2 main reasons: I believe that China, like Walmart, is destroying the rest of the world's economy (I'll start ducking the firestorm now), and because of some of the dangerous shit that's been coming out of that country lately. If they start showing more responsibility and standards, we'll see...

In fact, it's a sad fact that cheap crap is being made everywhere. A simple thing: compare the quality of toys being sold today with those sold in the '60s and '70s. Cheap, cheap plastic crap. Everything from harmonicas to rubik's cubes, from toy trains to bolo bats to Slinky. Pretty well only a few of the big brands - Lego, Playmobil, Meccano, Brio - are still building to their original standards. Even venerable names like Tonka have succumbed to cheap creep. And sadly, people eat it up. I think they'd rather have lots of cheap junk that will wear out quickly than quality toys that will last. In today's world of newer-more-faster, their kids only have an attention span of 10 minutes anyway - then it's on to the next great (cheap) thing.

But I digress - and rant.

I will not donate to or buy products from those who pester me on the phone.

tanya
08-28-2007, 08:01 PM

Cool. Can I watch? :naughty:

Of course :lol8:

tanya
08-28-2007, 08:02 PM

I second that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceaxe
08-29-2007, 07:31 AM

Or send me SPAM!

opskmallory
08-29-2007, 09:39 AM
OOOHHH!!!! This thread is great. Many of mine have already been listed, but I'll include them too.

Big Trucks; and I don't just mean the stock big trucks. I mean big trucks that some bozo had to make bigger by giving it a ridiculous lift, oversized tires, and those big ugly side-view mirrors that stick out a foot and a half. It's especially bad when the owner pushes a desk. It just affirms my belief that a big truck = little peepee

Rich, snobby, trendy people that are full of themselves and spend all their time shopping with their little dogs with their cell phones glued to their ear.

Luxury SUV's (Status Utility Vehicles); SUV's were meant to be beat up and used in a mixed on/off road environment, but instead are often driven by the people mentioned above.

Apple; I love how an Apple store has to display 10 of each item they sell to fill the store, because they only sell about 5 different products. I hate how the commercials perceive PC users to be geeks while Mac users are perceived to be hip and chique. My brother in law has a Mac, and he's as geeky as they come.

Douche Bag's and the brand names they represent (Abercrombie & Fitch, Ameican Eagle, Hollister, etc.)

Tobacco/Alcohol/Drugs; Being healthy and not addicted to something is fun.

J.G. Wentworth Commercials. They are the only commercials that make me change the channel when they come on. That old guy drives me nuts, and he says the same thing over and over and over again, while changing his tone of voice and the cheap, cheesy studio set.

McDonalds; Not a complete boycott. I did for several years, but have recently patronized the business when I have a craving for fries and a Coke.

That's all for now.

Rev. Coyote
08-29-2007, 10:03 AM
This is not really something you can "boycott,' but I will add:

Small town Virginia cops. Talk about the "tiny wee-wee crowd." Dunno how it works in Utah, but here in VA we elect (yes elect) the local sheriffs. So you always get a douchebag politician for sheriff who hires his halfwit friends to work for him. Bad system.

FYI, the State Troops in Virginia are top-notch. TOP notch.

KillEmAll
08-29-2007, 12:08 PM
This is not really something you can "boycott,' but I will add:

Small town Virginia cops. Talk about the "tiny wee-wee crowd." Dunno how it works in Utah, but here in VA we elect (yes elect) the local sheriffs. So you always get a douchebag politician for sheriff who hires his halfwit friends to work for him. Bad system.

FYI, the State Troops in Virginia are top-notch. TOP notch.

Sheriffs here are elected here as well, at the county level. I would think voting for them would be better - if they suck get rid of them. But then I guess you do tend to get career dooshbags, I mean politicians. I know the previous sheriff of Weber County was a stand-up guy, and definitely not a politician. In high school we egged his wifes car and got caught. All he did was give us a ride home. Didn't even make us clean it up. Maybe he didn't like his wife?