PDA

View Full Version : Uinta loop

LOAH
08-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Sorry, I've been negligent in posting my fishing reports here.

Here's a link to my latest report on the DWR forum:

http://utahwildlife.net/dwr_forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26984&sid=0d3770b5ee30735baa78a20069f7179a

(edit: the DWR forum was shut down...here's the actual archived report)

Jaxx
08-23-2007, 09:00 AM
that looks like fun. Someday I will catch a grayling. :2thumbs: on your first

waltny
09-05-2007, 07:14 PM
You going to start hanging out here more now that the DWR site is gone or will you migrate to BFT?

Sombeech
09-05-2007, 11:09 PM
The DWR forum is shut down?

:roflol:

They can't roll with the arguments.

waltny
09-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Yes, the DWR took down the fourms at their site. There is raging speculation as to the real reason why over on BFT where a few of the members have already migrated to. Im sure there are quite a few fourm w****s looking for a new home.

orvis1
09-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Like me! Good to see loah on this site, I though he was lost forever. There are a few cloan sites comming up now will have to wait and see what everyone ends up on. I am hoping to get on the water this weekend and possibly get some photos as well.

FishMogul
09-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Good to see that there are some new forums starting..this one would work great if we could get some more former DWR members over here, it seems a bit dead :popcorn: hey and look it has a spell check :2thumbs:

waltny
09-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Well we can start it grass roots from here, right? Ive got a trip or two planned(hope to get it done) over the weekend and Ill do up one for each. There are a few of us that are already here, so lets get to it!

chuckmiester
09-07-2007, 08:37 PM
hey guys. not to hijack this thread but all of those from the dwr forum you might want to check out utahfishingtalk.com. it was created because the dwr one was shut down. i'll probably be on both until they both take off then i'll choose which one i have time for. i like the other one because it is solely fishing but to each his own. have fun and fish on.

waltny
09-07-2007, 09:49 PM
I registered there.
I like it here due to all the different things its opens up to you. Ive become somewhat of a geocacher due to this site, I found out about cliff jumping at Causey, and cayoneering looks cool and with the dark room I got a place to post my pics and get constructive criticism.

Iceaxe
09-10-2007, 11:48 AM
The best way to get a forum to take off is invite others to join. uUtah originally took off by inviting hikers, canyoneers and mountain bikers to visit. Since then other sections of the forum have become popular.

If you want others to join you here just send them a link. If there is something special fishermen would like to make the forum more popular or easier to use just ask and the management will do their best to supply what you need.

:popcorn:

rockgremlin
09-10-2007, 12:02 PM
The best way to get a forum to take off is invite others to join. uUtah originally took off by inviting hikers, canyoneers and mountain bikers to visit. Since then other sections of the forum have become popular.

If you want others to join you here just send them a link. If there is something special fishermen would like to make the forum more popular or easier to use just ask and the management will do their best to supply what you need.

:popcorn:

Agreed. I started sending invites out to other Canyoneering forums when this site first started. Now the Canyoneering section is one of the largest and most knowledgeable sections on this forum!

LOAH
09-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Sorry, folks. I've been MIA for waaaay too long. My pc took a growling dook and never recovered. I just barely got it back today from being repaired.

I would've been on at work, but we have a mean firewall that prevents me from having any kind of REAL access.

Anyhow, it's great to finally be back online.

Yes, it's a bitch that the DWR forum got yanked, but that's the gov, right?

I'm sure I'll end up posting more reports in the near future.

As far as making this site more fisherman friendly, moving the fishing forum up the index page would be the best thing, but I'm just a peon rookie on this site and probably shouldn't have any sway. I love the amount of eyecandy (pics) on this site, though.

Take care, y'all.

Sombeech
09-28-2007, 06:21 PM
I just barely got it back today from being repaired.

How much did it cost, may I ask?

LOAH
09-28-2007, 11:03 PM
It was a brother hook-up. Nada. :nod:

FROGGER
09-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Ahhhh the old family hook up, glad you got it back. :nod: