PDA

View Full Version : Henry Mountains... what/where/when

ExpUt
08-22-2007, 12:41 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got the Henry Mountains (south of Hanksville) on my agenda for the year... most likely a couple of days worth of exploring, mabey more? I won't have the time to explore all of it obviously... but I want to wet my appetite for future trips.

If you had a couple of days in the area, what would you do? Where would you go? Camp spots that stand out? Short hikes?

My hitlist thusfar:
Lonesome Beaver Campground

TIA :cool2:

James_B_Wads2000
08-22-2007, 07:29 AM
I guess it would depend on what time of year you go. Eary Spring and the tops will have snow, middle of Summer and lower elevations would be murder.

I have only been there once many moons ago we camped near Star Springs which wasn

ExpUt
08-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Great info! :cool2:

Mt. Ellen and Bromide Basin are both on my hitlist... I had fogotten about the Wolverton Mill, we visited late last year at its now home in Hanksville, I would be interested to see where they lifted it from.

Thanks again!

accadacca
08-24-2007, 09:14 AM
As soon as I get my cruiser, I am planning some great 4X4 trips. James, its great to have you back going strong on the forum. :five:

ExpUt
11-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Update: I spent a couple of days in the Henry's last month, a worthwhile trip for sure! Lots of great scenic 4-Wheeling, some great hiking opportunies and killer place to escape the crowds. :cool2: I'll post some pics & a trip report soon.