PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Intro

ExpUt
08-22-2007, 12:40 AM
I've been lurking on the site for a year or so? Finally joined up.

Like the rest of you, I'm addicted to Utahs great outdoors. Everytime I get out and explore an area... I find 10 more I need to get back to.

My primary source of backcountry exploring is 4x4's, but I enjoy hiking, biking, rafting, etc. I've got a couple of old Landcruisers, and a Tacoma that commutes me around town and gets used as a light duty camping rig.

I graduated as a Mechanical Engineer last year from the UofU, though I kept on working my old job... selling 4x4 parts, specifically for old Landcruisers. The freedom I get from being self-employed seems to be beating out the higher dollars I would get in the corprate world? Who knows where I'll land in the future job wise?

I try and post all of my trip reports on my website:
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/gallery.html

marc olivares
08-22-2007, 01:13 AM
hey kurt,

welcome aboard... :2thumbs:

i find it interesting that we're on a bunch of the same boards and have yet to meet.

accadacca
08-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Very cool to meet ya. I just bought an 80-Series cruiser to play with. Waiting for it to arrive on a truck. My Dad had a couple FJ-40's growing up that we used to play around in. I might need your expertise in the future. Welcome to the site! :rockon:

MY T PIMP
08-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Welcome, enjoy yourself :2thumbs:

Sombeech
08-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the forum. :2thumbs:

RugerShooter
08-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the site. I have always wanted to get me an old FJ Cruiser, Someday I hope I do.

Mtnman1830
08-23-2007, 05:36 AM
welcome

live2ride
08-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Welcome to the site fellow Toyota owner!

ExpUt
08-23-2007, 10:03 PM
...i find it interesting that we're on a bunch of the same boards and have yet to meet.

Seriously... its those damn Rovers you like to hang out with! J/k, we are both members of elitist vehicle societies :roll: :haha:

We should plan a uutah trip, seems many of us recreate in the same spots, might as well do it together? Canyoneering, biking, climbing, etc are all things I like to do... it just seems I don't have enough time for all my wheeling trips, let along new hobbies :D

ExpUt
08-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Very cool to meet ya. I just bought an 80-Series cruiser to play with. Waiting for it to arrive on a truck. My Dad had a couple FJ-40's growing up that we used to play around in. I might need your expertise in the future. Welcome to the site! :rockon:

Don't hesitate to call... I deal with alot of 80 Series Cruisers on a daily basis. We've done everything to them, lifts, lockers, gears, bumpers, winches, snorkels, racks, etc... VERY familiar with them :D

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :cool2: