PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Camping at Zions?

AFI
08-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Hey - it has been a long time since I have camped at Zions. We are going to hit Pinecreek canyon and keyhole. Any suggestions for close, good camping? Thanks

stefan
08-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Zions

are there more than one? :haha:

sorry it was beggin' to be said ... i do find it amusing how different cultures add the 's' to the proper names of businesses, places, etc.

just kiddin' around, of course.

are you looking for primitive camping or pay camping?

AFI
08-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Ahh - don't care too much - one time when doing Subway we camped right in the park and it was pretty primitive. I am not really into the big pay ones with lots of people. We just want something easy and close...to Zion :naughty:

hank moon
08-21-2007, 12:03 PM
i like the drive-thru if it's raining...

:haha:

AFI
08-21-2007, 12:41 PM
I know - we may get a hotel the second night and be wimpy. I know Watchmans is OK and have stayed at what I think was mosquito cove, just wondering if there is something "better"...

Jaxx
08-21-2007, 02:04 PM
mosquito cove is where I have stayed. Its in between mile markers 23 and 24. I heard there is a place to camp off mile marker 26 heading north up a canyon. I have never been there before. Those are about 20-25 minutes away from the tunnel, not too far. Both places are primitive camping.

Scott Card
08-21-2007, 02:11 PM
My favorite Zion Camping is the Super 8 in Hurricane. :haha: Seems to be one of the cheapest out there. Of Course I am usually running down after work on Friday to do a canyon on Saturday only to run back to Utah County Saturday night. I have got to work less.