PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Pauite Trail August 16th and 17th

nelsonccc
08-20-2007, 06:24 PM
A few of us from Vegas headed up to Circleville Wednesday night to ride the lower half of the Pauite Trail.

Thursday we rode the west side from Circleville to Marysville then down through a couple of side rails back to Circleville. Some fantastic trail sections perfect for a dirt bike up top. Lots of jumps and tight twisty sections of trail.Total mileage for the day on a 2000 YZ250 was 107 miles, that equates to a sore butt. Very beautiful, we saw lots of ATV's but no other dirt bikes. We got sprinkled on towards the summit but other than that the weather was near perfect.

Friday. We hit the east side of the 01. The beginning was very rough, tight switchbacks combined with huge rocks made keeping the rpm's up on a 2-stroke very difficult. Lots of clutch fanning. Once we came into Kingston canyon the trail became a dirt rode and the MPH went up significantly. Absolutely fantastic scenery all the way into Kooshorum. We hit quite a bit of rain up top on the way back to Circleville that made us quite chilled and slicked up the corners. Usual approach required gearing down, turnign the handlebars, and cranking the gas to slide the rear end around. Yeahaw. Total mileage for the day was 131.

Total combined mileage for the two days was about 240 miles.

James_B_Wads2000
08-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Great pics! :2thumbs:

After seeing them it makes me want to change my avatar to, "I Love the Tushars"

James