PDA

View Full Version : Moab RMP out this Friday!

o.c.utah
08-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I spoke with the Moab Field Office of the BLM, and the Draft RMP (resource management plan) will be released on Friday. This document will basically dictate how the public lands around Moab will be managed for the next 15-20 years, including which routes will be CLOSED to jeeps and orvs. Rumor has it that many popular trails are being proposed for CLOSURE under the new plan.

To add insult to injury, I asked if they would send me a copy of the RMP so that I could read it and make comments, and they flat out said NO! Paper copies will not be available to the public. CD's of the document will be available in the Moab office for those of you in the neighborhood. But for the most part, they are expecting people to view the document online. And there will only be 90 days comment. What a bunch of BS!

This is ridiculous! how can they expect us to wade through this immense document (I'm talking phone book size) and find what we need to make comments, online? That's crazy! And what if you don't have high speed internet? Or don't own a computer? It's a total scam! BLM dosn't want the public to see it so they can hurry and close a bunch of routes without anybody knowing!!!!!

fouristhenewone
08-21-2007, 11:09 PM
you have access to a printer? then waste as many trees as you want. criticizing a government because they choose to not print off a bunch of copies of a document that half or more recipients won't read more then ten pages of seems silly to me.