PDA

View Full Version : Sage Grouse Hunting TR & Pics

MY T PIMP
08-10-2007, 07:10 PM
The hunt took place near Farson, Wyoming last year. The Sage Chicken capitol of the world. I can't wait for this years hunt. In these pictures I'm with my dad, brother, and of course the stars of the hunt Austa(the draughthar or wire hair) and Chunk (the Lab). There are also some great landscape photos too. :2thumbs:

accadacca
08-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Very nice fotos. Those are some good lookin' dawgs too. :2thumbs:

jumar
08-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Nice! :2thumbs:

rooster32
08-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Did you get some Utah Sage Grouse tags? I got my two and will probably head out during the week after opener.

JP
08-16-2007, 05:59 AM
Like those autumn shots :2thumbs:

MY T PIMP
08-16-2007, 06:23 AM
Did you get some Utah Sage Grouse tags? I got my two and will probably head out during the week after opener.No, I'll be jam packed with the elk and deer bow hunts and muzzle loader the only weekend I'll have free is the opener for Wyoming, and you get 2 a day there.

DAA
08-17-2007, 05:59 AM
Beautiful pics T.

You're gonna have to tell me how you prepare those birds one of these days. Last one I ate, was in a semi-actual survival situation and I was REALLY hungry, and STILL could barely get it down. Of course, I don't think anything turns out too tasty when it's just thrown on top of a sage brush and cheat grass fire, burned on the outside and raw in the middle :haha: .

- DAA

MY T PIMP
08-17-2007, 06:22 AM
Beautiful pics T.

You're gonna have to tell me how you prepare those birds one of these days. Last one I ate, was in a semi-actual survival situation and I was REALLY hungry, and STILL could barely get it down. Of course, I don't think anything turns out too tasty when it's just thrown on top of a sage brush and cheat grass fire, burned on the outside and raw in the middle :haha: .

- DAAI'll have to find out. I just dress the birds and drop them off to my mom. Then hit my folks up for a following Sunday dinner. I know she uses stuffing mix. I tried having my wife cook them once, big mistake. Tasted like a mixture of gut pile and sage brush. Don't get me wrong my wife's a great conventional cooker, but has a ways to go with wild game. :nod: