PDA

View Full Version : Chain Lube

Johnlithon
08-09-2007, 07:10 PM
I know it is personal preference, but just curious about what anyone is using to lube and clean their chains. :ne_nau:

derstuka
08-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Honda HP Chainlube at the moment. I was using RK lube. WD-40 is just about the best o-ring safe chain cleaner around. Some use mineral spirits, but WD for me! :2thumbs:

BTW, I despise chainwax, too messy, holds in all kinds of crud to grind in the chain, just not good stuff to me.

derstuka
08-09-2007, 08:58 PM

Johnlithon
08-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the info. :2thumbs: I think I will just clean with some kerosene and lube.......I guess we will see what the shop has tomorrow. Probably not a wax though; Grime on the chain dosen't sound good to me.

tuckerdt
08-30-2007, 01:25 PM
I started using WD40 on my bicycle chain years ago and was happy with the results. I got all kinds of grief from other riders, but my chains lasted as long as the bike in some cases, was always clean, never bound up or kinked, and ran smoothly and quietly.

I started using them on my motorcycle chains and had the same experience. It may not work in the hands of others, but it sure makes me happy.

Plus I get high on the odor.

accadacca
08-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Plus I get high on the odor.
Nice. :lol8: