PDA

View Full Version : Bonds hits #756

shanehadman
08-08-2007, 01:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AhAgs4.pNxLoMmETytjNQgc5nYcB?slug=ap-bonds-756&prov=ap&type=lgns

Barry Bonds hit homerun #756 last night at AT&T Park in San Francisco. He is now the all time homerun leader passing Hank Aaron (755).

I have been following him as he has been chasing this remarkable milestone in baseball history. Whether or not he has used steroids, I still think it takes alot more than roids to hit that many homeruns!!!!

Anybody else have an opinion about Bonds and the record????

CarpeyBiggs
08-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Yep, I agree. I watch sports for entertainment. Whether the guy is on 'roids or not is completely irrelevant. Where do you ultimately draw the line? Andro? Protein Supplements? Tommy John surgery? Different colored contacts?

Give me a friggin' break, everyone "cheats," just some are more legal than others. Not everyone has a smooth swing like Bonds, which is why I enjoyed watching the chase myself.

Kent K25
08-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Hard to say....Guys in the past didn't have Steroids when they set their records....but there are a whole lot of other things these guys have nowadays that are legal to use that those guys didn't have either.

I think this would be less of an issue if Bonds wasn't such a jerk off the majority of the time.

CarpeyBiggs
08-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Guys in the past didn't have juice to hit their home runs, but they also weren't facing juiced pitchers, or teams that pitch 3 or 4 pitchers a game... The game was different, no doubt.

JP
08-08-2007, 03:59 PM
No gays in here :mrgreen:

Steroids have been around for years and years. Well before Lyle Alzado came onto the scene. The difference now, just like with anything, technology and more understanding how certain chemicals are used by the body. Giving a professional a choice, I would tend to think they will use what they can to enhance their performance. Some for egos and some for contracts. Let's face it, the quest for the fountain of youth has something that has been searched for since the inception of time.

As far as Bond being a jerk...I saw a sportscaster slamming him today. Day in and day out being the negative target of the press, good for Bond's attitude. Let's face it, they're sportscasters because they are either retired or someone who could never measured up in the first place, at the pro level.

RugerShooter
08-08-2007, 04:55 PM
I say congrats to Bonds, juiced or not it is still one hell of a feat to hit that many home runs.

and I don't see any gay's over here either :roflol:

Kent K25
08-08-2007, 05:27 PM
I think Bonds' earring looks pretty gay so it's not all clear in here.

Wasatch
08-08-2007, 06:18 PM
And Cy Young has over 500 wins, how did he amass this awesome feat without steroids?

fouristhenewone
08-08-2007, 06:37 PM
man. I was at Piper Down last night when he hit it. Probably wasn't the best idea to start chanting "Steroids! Steroids!" while everyone else was cheering him on.

Really though - aren't steroids awesome. anybody have some for me?

waltny
08-09-2007, 04:55 PM
man. I was at Piper Down last night when he hit it. Probably wasn't the best idea to start chanting "Steroids! Steroids!" while everyone else was cheering him on.

Really though - aren't steroids awesome. anybody have some for me?

This makes you sound like the average uninformed american on dealing with steriods. This arguement could go so deep, but I would suggest you do some reading on the subject.

Kent K25
08-10-2007, 10:30 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/mark5019/congrats_barry_bonds.jpg

fouristhenewone
08-10-2007, 06:02 PM
This makes you sound like the average uninformed american on dealing with steriods. This arguement could go so deep, but I would suggest you do some reading on the subject.[/quote]

you'll get no argument from me - I'm MORE uninformed that the "average uninformed american". I really could care less about it one way or the other, I think baseball is the most boring sport in existence, and don't particularly find myself with a lot of energy to waste by getting worked up about steroid use in sports. I just thought it was funny. lighten up a little will ya?

Iceaxe
08-10-2007, 09:54 PM
http://r_harrison.tripod.com/Agonist/BarryBonds.jpg

Roids????..... NNnnnaaaahhhh.... :haha: