PDA

View Full Version : GeoDiva from Oregon

geodiva
08-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Hello! I am new to Utah and interested in getting outdoors :-) I'd like to find some hiking buddies, specifically other females who are interested in the outdoors! I was an active member of the Mazamas in Portland, OR - and I've climbed Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Thielsen as well as a few lesser peaks.

I'm a big fan of skiing - so when winter comes I'd like to find some ski buddies. I grew up in Wisconsin and lived in Alaska for 3 years - so I am a native to the snow.

I am married and also a BIG BIG fan of geocaching!!! :-) My husband has some frostbite issues on his feet from a VERY COLD climb up Mt Hood, so I'd like to find some good female company to hike and ski with! My geocaching name is geodiva and I chose that for this board too!

Are any of the ladies doing any hikes/geocaches in Cottonwood Canyon this weekend? I'm VERY new to Utah - so don't know my way around very well - but starting to learn! Cottonwood Canyon is close to Sandy/South Jordan, yes?

I'd also be interested in some mtn biking, although my equipment is a little iffy - so I don't do any of the hard-core mtn bike trails!!!

Hope to see you all on the trails! Best, GeoDiva

stefan
08-03-2007, 01:35 PM
welcome to the forum :gents:

Sombeech
08-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Welcome to the forum!

RugerShooter
08-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Welcome it's always nice to see new members joining up :2thumbs:

Mtnman1830
08-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Welcome! You will be happy with the geocaches here in utah. We have a utah group - http://www.utahgeocachers.com/ - There are also a few peak baggers here in the group as well.

You wont be dissapointed with this site :2thumbs:

accadacca
08-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Welcome! :2thumbs:

Scout Master
08-03-2007, 11:06 PM
For Geocaching I suggest you contact UtahJean. She is an Awesome lady who loves to Geocache.

geodiva
08-04-2007, 01:28 PM
For Geocaching I suggest you contact UtahJean. She is an Awesome lady who loves to Geocache.

Thank you! I have heard her name round and about. I look into it :-)

greyhair biker
08-04-2007, 08:34 PM
wecome fellow cacher! :mrgreen:

live2ride
08-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Welcomw to the site!!