PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Spirit Lake camping & surrounding lakes -High Uintahs

greyhair biker
08-01-2007, 06:47 PM
We just got back today from a few days camping up at Spirit Lake on the north slope of the high uintahs. We also hiked up to Jesson Lake, Tamarack Lake and a few that we couldnt name. The campsite is at 10,000ft and everything else is higher...doesnt exactly qualify for highpointing but the ridgeline is over 12,000ft and goes for MILES! Absolutely beautiful!!

fourtycal
08-02-2007, 07:41 AM
nice pics there, amazing country. Did you hike to any of the local caches?

accadacca
08-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Sweet! Good memories for me. I used to backpack in that area for weeks at a time growing up. We actually packed our float tubes to Tamarack a few times.

greyhair biker
08-02-2007, 07:28 PM
nice pics there, amazing country. Did you hike to any of the local caches?
I loaded the area and no caches within 25 miles that I didnt already have, although there are some up near the dam that I havent hunted yet :nod: . I DID find some areas that could use a good cache :mrgreen:

greyhair biker
08-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Sweet! Good memories for me. I used to backpack in that area for weeks at a time growing up. We actually packed our float tubes to Tamarack a few times.
a float tube would ROCK! - I could put around on a kayak too but it's a pretty hefty climb...for carrying a boat :nod:

donny h
08-06-2007, 02:39 AM
Nice pics, I love Spirit Lake, the whole north slope for that matter.

Did you get any nice afternoon thunder storms? I have seen it go off up there...

greyhair biker
08-06-2007, 03:25 AM
we had a few of 'em, one that put us in the trailer for a while but it sprinkled everyday enough that there was no need for a fireban....hard to find dry wood really...PERFECT!

sparker1
08-12-2007, 07:08 AM
Great TR and pics. Looks like a really good family outing.

oldno7
08-13-2007, 11:50 AM
back in 1977 I worked logging below spirit lake,helped them do horsepack trips on weekends(spirit lake lodge)Spent the whole summer tucked away camping in Hickerson park?(been awhile) great area :2thumbs: