PDA

View Full Version : Maples Loop TR - 7/26/07

Sombeech
07-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Mark and I caught a nice ride tonight in the Ogden area, just bordering Snowbasin Resort. This is one of those trails I wonder why I don't ride more often. It was great.

The trail always starts out VERY rough and chopped up in early spring, due to runoff and horses, but it gets groomed by mid summer.

Since it rained yesterday, there were only a couple of damp spots, but no real puddles.

We started at Art Nord trailhead (at the top of Wheeler Canyon by Pineview Dam), then we rode CLOCKWISE (up East Fork Trail) to Green Ponds Trailhead, then down Middle Fork Trail, and going down Icebox Canyon.

Very, very fun ride. The uphill is smooth, with a lot of downhill breaks. It is 2.75 miles from Art Nord to Green Ponds TH, then roughly 4 back the path we took.

I'm dubbing this the Ogden uutah ride on August 7th.

And 2 out of the 3 times I've hit this trail, I've seen moose. Tonight it was a momma and a calf (stay back!!!!) about 20 ft from the trail on the way down. Good thing, 'cause if I was climbing and it charged, I'd curl up on the ground and cry. Going down, I'd have a chance of outrunning them.

Oh, and I ran into mroy tonight, and also another biker named Joel who recognized me from the vids. :afro:

MY T PIMP
07-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Look at all the weight Sombeech has lost, 25lbs you go man! :2thumbs:

live2ride
07-27-2007, 08:55 AM
I must have just missed you last night, I rode maples up to basin, then hit porcupine and had a killer downhill from porupine, greens, then art nord. I like the idea for a Maples ride in August, start at top of wheeler, take maples around to snowbasin, meet at the lodge up top after the climb, those who want to climb more can keep on going or then those who dont can take greens and art back down.

On a side note, I will be up at basin Saturday @7:00 am riding from greens to the upper lodge via Porcupine if anyone is interseted.

asdf
07-27-2007, 09:46 AM

so whats your secret beech?

Sombeech
07-27-2007, 10:01 AM

Low carbs. :cool2:

accadacca
07-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Nice report! You are a skinny mofo. :lol8:

caburt
07-27-2007, 10:22 AM

Low carbs. :cool2:
Ok women! I thought this was an outdoor forum, not a diet secret exchange. Haha. I'm kind of jealous too. Nice pics sombeech! Looks like a cool ride. See you at Sundance tomorrow. I'm not sure how well I'll be seeing, but I'll drag my ass up there in any condition.

Sombeech
07-27-2007, 10:26 AM
See you at Sundance tomorrow. I'm not sure how well I'll be seeing, but I'll drag my ass up there in any condition.

Just keep your eye on the Fro, and you'll be OK.