PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football only weeks away!!!

DiscGo
07-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Are you guys as excited as I am for football to start?

rockgremlin
07-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Yep.

Mainly because I'll be scoring a pile of money from the UUtah FF league again this year.

Count on it! :2thumbs:

Scott Card
08-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Gotta pay attention to this thread.... a little late to respond but that response is YES!!! I love college football and college sports in general. I am getting more than a little tired of the crybaby "pros". I like college sports for competitions sake and the will to win. I like the underdog stories and Rudy stuff (redundent I know) of college sports. Fun to see good coaching with new players each year and the NCAA crack down on cheater schools. Imagine, playing the game for the love of the game rather than just money. Novel concept. Yes I know there are scholarships and the possibility of becoming a pro but still most college players will be something other than a football player when they grow up.

CarpeyBiggs
08-06-2007, 03:21 PM
http://www.danransom.com/blog/images/20061222190945_20061125193706_harlinetouchdown.jpg

How could this not make a man excited? Rock, you like that?

Scott Card
08-06-2007, 03:27 PM
http://www.danransom.com/blog/images/20061222190945_20061125193706_harlinetouchdown.jpg

How could this not make a man excited? Rock, you like that?

OH Dude! You are my new hero. What a great shot. Heart rate just spiked.

rockgremlin
08-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Dude I am so jealous! That is THE moneyshot!! Talk about being in the right place at the right time with the right gear. Perfectly composed also. I'm guessing you made a handsome chunk of change with that one?

accadacca
08-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Blow me! I was merely feet away on the 4th row. :cry1: :utes3:

KillEmAll
08-06-2007, 07:26 PM
What a game that was. And to actually be there was amazing. Seeing the faces of every Ute fan was priceless (Acca, I think I saw yours there but they all looked exactly the same so it was hard to tell :haha: ) I'm a huge fan of both teams so either way I came out on top. Good times, good times.

Scott Card
08-06-2007, 08:36 PM
OK, gigs up... what color were you wearing?

CarpeyBiggs
08-06-2007, 08:50 PM
What a game that was. And to actually be there was amazing. Seeing the faces of every Ute fan was priceless (Acca, I think I saw yours there but they all looked exactly the same so it was hard to tell :haha: ) I'm a huge fan of both teams so either way I came out on top. Good times, good times.

BS. Impossible to be a fan of both, as that negates the ability to be a "fan." Fan is short for fanatic, and you can't be fanatic about the Y without despising the U, and vice versa. Unless you are the douche up there wearing yellow, with his hands raised in triumph. That cracks me up everytime... Prolly too afraid to wear blue.

Acca. tough break my friend. You probably saw me storm the field with the cougs, photographing the desecration of your field. Also, you probably had a good angle on that catch Harline pulled down over Weddle. Man, that was sick.

CarpeyBiggs
08-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Wait a second Acca, I think I found a picture of you at the game.... Is that RockGremlin with you? Typical OHV user...

http://danransom.com/blog/images/20061125235657_cutecheerleader.jpg

accadacca
08-07-2007, 09:10 AM
http://www.byusucks.net/images/byukid.jpg

Commonly used zoobie quotes:

* "We have higher attendance numbers than Utah"
* "We won a national championship in 1984"
* "We get a better education at byu"
* "When Utah students graduate they'll be serving us byu graduates hamburgers"
* "We beat team A, who beat team B, who beat team C who is ranked #2. Therefore we should be #1
* "We lost but at least it was to a ranked team"
* "Utah graduates will be washing us byu graduate's cars"
* "We are 10-15 plays away from an undefeated season this year"
* "We would have beaten (insert team name here) if we didn't come out flat"
* "The refs cost us that game"
* "Even though the other team scored more points than us, we won that game"
* "Utah fans are all drunks"

rockgremlin
08-07-2007, 09:33 AM

* "We beat team A, who beat team B, who beat team C who is ranked #2. Therefore we should be #1

Oh my hell....that is too funny!! I know I've heard at least half of those lines used more than once. :roflol:

Kent K25
08-07-2007, 10:06 AM
I've got too many better things to do than list all the garbage excuses and comments Ute fans constantly babble about....I believe refereeing was the #1 choice this year though. Every team has fans that make excuses and say stupid crap, get over it.

KillEmAll
08-07-2007, 10:12 AM

BS. Impossible to be a fan of both, as that negates the ability to be a "fan." Fan is short for fanatic, and you can't be fanatic about the Y without despising the U, and vice versa. Unless you are the douche up there wearing yellow, with his hands raised in triumph. That cracks me up everytime... Prolly too afraid to wear blue.

Actually, it's quite easy to be a fan of both. I love both teams. I want both to win every game. When they play each other, I want it to be an awesome game and it was. I was wearing blue that day because those I went with were BYU fans, so why would I want to not share in their comrodary? I cheered harder when Y did something good, but I got the same jollies when the U did something sweet. What's so hard to believe about that? Negates the ability to be a fan? WTF - stoopidest thing I've ever heard. I'm a bigger fan of the game than I am of these two teams, so that trumps your negation. I win. Now, if they were playing the purple people eaters of Ogden, that would be a different story.

accadacca
08-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Is this Cougar stadium. . . :roflol: :roll_lol: :roflol: :roll_lol:

Zoobie Rap

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bC7M04i8igk

Scott Card
08-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Is this Cougar stadium. . . :roflol: :roll_lol: :roflol: :roll_lol:

No that wasn't Cougar Stadium. The blue video looked like the smurf turf of Boise State but then the better video looked more like something in the northwest. Awesome video. I gotta learn the lyrics. BTW, for those not in Mormondom, that was a good ole' fashioned dance festival. It is something the teenagers hate to prepare for but love after it is done. And yes, many potential zoobies in the film.

CarpeyBiggs
08-08-2007, 10:21 AM
I win.

Not so much that you "won." More like you can't lose.

Kent K25
08-08-2007, 11:24 AM
for those not in Mormondom, that was a good ole' fashioned dance festival. It is something the teenagers hate to prepare for but love after it is done. And yes, many potential zoobies in the film.

Weaseled my way out of every dance festival/road show my entire youth and am glad I did. I'm sure what you said is true for many, but I would have detested every second of it. I'm not an on stage/performer type personality. I hate dancing and I hate being in front of people unless I'm playing a sport of my choosing. We won't get into whether or not dancing is a sport.

DiscGo
09-08-2007, 02:30 PM

That is so true. I like BYU. I am really rooting for BYU today against UCLA. I just have a hard time with these kinds of things that BYU fans say all the time.