PDA

View Full Version : Finding Time to ride

Sombeech
07-25-2007, 08:34 AM
http://mountainbike.about.com/b/a/257648.htm

So many well intentioned plans to ride never end up in dissapointment. How many times have you had every intention of getting out to ride only to end up wondering what happened when it got dark? It happens to me more than I'd like to admit. Work, friends, injuries, errands, weather, they're all evil conspiritors to keep you and me off of our bikes.

I've still found some good ways to keep the evil temptations at bay. First, a commitment to mountain biking. If you can make a conscious commitment to getting out and riding on a regular basis you will find it much easier. Second, get involved in some regular rides. This is probably the easiest and most reliable way to ensure a ride or two every week. I have been doing the same Thursday night rides every season here in Park City (Thanks to White Pine Touring) for seven or eight years now. Try setting up a regular ride with your friends and/or another with a local bike shop.

Please join us on Tuesdays, or Fall will be here, and you'll have ridden twice this whole year!

Gixxer
07-25-2007, 12:55 PM
So many well intentioned plans to ride never end up in dissapointment.

that don't make no sense---Pete from Oh Brother, Where Art Thou

it's been about 10 days since I have ridden cuz both my riding buddies have been unable to go(Chromehead broke his Gary Fisher).........so my achilles heel is hating to ride alone

chromehead58
07-25-2007, 03:55 PM
i find it easy...tell my secretary i am going to lunch..then two hours later i show back at work!!!
JUDASSSS riding alone is good for the soul...get your butt out and enjoy the canyon!

greyhair biker
07-28-2007, 08:44 PM
I ride by myself most of the time...simply because NO ONE has my same schedule, but I have gotten so used to it I dont think about it. I ride 3 to 5 days a week. For me, it is therapy. It gives me time to think or time NOT to - whatever I might need that day. I dont always ride the same bike either. Some days the singletrack doesnt interest me ( sorry, didnt mean to swear :lol8: ). But I HAVE to ride....the best form of therapy! :2thumbs: