PDA

View Full Version : Burial Plots - Who's bought theirs already?

shlingdawg
07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm 31 and know that I can die at any time, but I've never really given it much thought as I always imagined that I would go when everyone else did. (Comet impact, Yellowstone super-volcano, etc.)

Any uber-prepared people around here?

Felicia
07-16-2007, 12:45 PM
I got mine years ago. I want to be where I grew up and where my parents are. Not much room, so I got mine when the getting was good. Most people look at me strangley (they do anyways *lol*) but it was important to me. After the location, I do not care if they have to FedEx my ashes back. That is where I want to go and everyone knows. "To each his own" I say.

CarpeyBiggs
07-16-2007, 12:54 PM
I know in Provo, burial plots are hot like real estate. I know a guy who bought 20 of them 10 years ago, and just sold a dozen of them for 400 percent profit... Kinda weird, but it will only get harder to find a plot with your family as time goes on, if that is important to you.

As for me, haven't really thought about it. I can't even afford my own house at this point, so if I can't pay for a house while I'm alive, why would I pay for a place when I'm dead? :ne_nau:

James_B_Wads2000
07-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Funny you should mention this because I have been thinking about this lately. I had never really gave it much thought until last Memorial Day. This was the first Memorial Day in about 7 years that I wasn

stefan
07-16-2007, 06:15 PM
burial plot?? ... nah, my ashes will be spread out over alta :2thumbs:

Udink
07-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah, that's the route I plan on taking as well. :haha: My current prospective final resting place is the top of the San Rafael Reef just north of Black Dragon Wash.

Felicia
07-16-2007, 07:57 PM
This is where I'm going. :-)

stefan
07-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Yeah, that's the route I plan on taking as well. :haha: My current prospective final resting place is the top of the San Rafael Reef just north of Black Dragon Wash.

ahh ... very nice, a beautiful spot

Mtnman1830
07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
I figure I will end up ashes...

since i am going to hell anyways....

derstuka
07-16-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm 31 and know that I can die at any time, but I've never really given it much thought as I always imagined that I would go when everyone else did. (Comet impact, Yellowstone super-volcano, etc.)

Any uber-prepared people around here?

IMHO...what a waste of space. I'm gonna be burned up and (hopefully) my family will use my ashes to grill up a killer steak. Cremation!!! Too many people in the world to bury each one. Cemeteries are over loaded, wasting land on a rotting corpse...nope...in the future, I would highly bet that it will be hard to be buried in the ground for life, because some places are already talking about burying a body for so many years, then tossing it, and throwing in another. What's up with an expensive casket ? You're already dead, who cares if you have one made of titanium or what not, the worms are gonna getcha still.!!

Sombeech
07-16-2007, 09:22 PM
They're not going to find my body.

Mtnman1830
07-16-2007, 09:38 PM
:assault: